Active Topics

Notices

I assume that your post refers to the QSpot client.. I have sometimes also experienced problems with empty playlists, this is due that the tracks have not yet loaded (lib related). Sometimes by re-opening the playlist view will display the tracks. I will look into this issue. I have myself not experienced stuttering when screen dims, does this always occur and is it constantly when the screen is off? I assume you are using the latest version. Thank you very much for your feedback!

PS. The QSpot thread can be found at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55589

Originally Posted by sysko View Post
Thanks for the effort of building a new Spotify client - this one shows quite nice potential. And it works - sort of. My playlists show up but the appear to be empty, and searching for music and playing it works - as long as the screen stays lit, as soon as the device hits power save mode the music start to stutter. I understand that this is most likely a problem in the underlying spotify-library but I'm still back to Symbian where in the same WLAN the device manages to actually play music...

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by orcocan View Post
i'm having the same "client upgrade required" issue once again... is anybody able to update the despotify library by any chance?
If I still had a Premium account, I'd test I downgraded to an Ultimate account, only to find they disallow non-Premium users accessing Spotify via third-party libs.

Originally Posted by sysko View Post
Thanks for the effort of building a new Spotify client - this one shows quite nice potential. And it works - sort of. My playlists show up but the appear to be empty, and searching for music and playing it works - as long as the screen stays lit, as soon as the device hits power save mode the music start to stutter. I understand that this is most likely a problem in the underlying spotify-library but I'm still back to Symbian where in the same WLAN the device manages to actually play music...
Yaspot never stutters for me unless I clock my N900 down to 250Mhz. Footify always stutters when locking the device. Haven't used Qspot enough to tell, but given the above reason Yaspot is my current favorite.

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by technohippy29 View Post
Footify always stutters when locking the device.
As in keeps on stuttering or stutters once?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
if the idea of the Spotify Team is yet real, i want to be in !

I'm a Qt developper, and UX designer, and have a Premium account and a N900 !

Let's bring it on

(overall let build up the team before i start a Fifth Spotify Qt Client for Maemo/MeeGo ... ;-) )