Notices

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton
I installed Pianobar and pypianobar today, and it says it experienced an ero

pianobar output .protocol incompatible please upgrade libpiano. restarting pianobar

and a box saying done

if you click done same happens and then crashes 3 times in a row and quits

any ideas?

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post

Edit: Hmm trying out the version from extras-testing. I don't think creating a station works (where it asks you to input an Artist or a Title of a song, choose whether it's an artist or track, then select it from the drop down). I've noticed it doesn't say ARTIST NAME Radio. It just says ARTIST NAME and doesn't play anything. Closing the application and opening it back up turns it into ARTIST NAME Radio and then it plays.
I've also had the same experience from time to time as well. I see just Pianobar has had an udpate, is it cool for N900 to upgrade(since I see some earlier users said it was saying upgrade libpiano)?

And also to add to the earlier conversation, I've NEVER gotten a message that I've played too many hours of music or that I've skipped too many tracks on this app. I'm a non-paid user and I SURELY do a lot of skipping, I can't imagine what's going on other people.

Last edited by The Arsonist; 2010-04-22 at 12:00.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Edit: Hmm trying out the version from extras-testing. I don't think creating a station works (where it asks you to input an Artist or a Title of a song, choose whether it's an artist or track, then select it from the drop down). I've noticed it doesn't say ARTIST NAME Radio. It just says ARTIST NAME and doesn't play anything. Closing the application and opening it back up turns it into ARTIST NAME Radio and then it plays.
I will test this at home; I shouldn't have changed any code that would affect the station create so I will take a look.

Originally Posted by cortina61 View Post
I installed Pianobar and pypianobar today, and it says it experienced an ero
any ideas?
I assume you installed from Extras? There is a fix for this in Extras-testing and Extras-devel. I really need votes in Extras-testing if it's working so that we can fix the Extras repository.

Originally Posted by The Arsonist View Post
I've also had the same experience from time to time as well. I see just Pianobar has had an udpate, is it cool for N900 to upgrade(since I see some earlier users said it was saying upgrade libpiano)?
Libpiano is a part of pianobar.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

--Deleted as it's outdated.--

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-04-24 at 02:43.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
That is really weird. I checked all 4 packages you have in your log there and there was some in the non opt directories but.. not 9MB worth..

I did notice that, at least in my SDK environment, the PyQT so's weren't actually optified..

Now that I'm paying attention.. this directory:
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/

Is actually 9.6MB in size. Take a look there and see if yours is the same. That's probably where it came from.
That dir (=the whole python kingdom) is a softlink on the device, so it ends up being optified in the end.

The disk usage comes from webkit, based on the log snippet posten above, that sucker uses 17MB of rootfs space, though it might appear less due to the rootfs being compressed.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
That dir (=the whole python kingdom) is a softlink on the device, so it ends up being optified in the end.
Oh, it is not that way on my SDK. Didn't know if it was different on the N900.

The disk usage comes from webkit, based on the log snippet posten above, that sucker uses 17MB of rootfs space, though it might appear less due to the rootfs being compressed.
In what though?

This is all I see:

Code:
[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] > dpkg -L libqt4-webkit
/.
/opt
/opt/lib
/opt/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4.6.2
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libqt4-webkit
/usr/share/doc/libqt4-webkit/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4
/usr/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4.6
/usr/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4.6.2
The libQtWebKit's in /usr/lib are just a bunch of symlinks

and:

Code:
[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] > dpkg -L python2.5-qt4-webkit
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/python2.5
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/QtWebKit.so
Which you say is a symlink to opt. So where does the space come from?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
This is all I see:

Code:
[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] > dpkg -L libqt4-webkit
/opt/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4.6.2
The libQtWebKit's in /usr/lib are just a bunch of symlinks
That's a mistake, but the other way around. On the devices, libqt4-webkit (et al) is in the rootfs, not /opt.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
That's a mistake, but the other way around. On the devices, libqt4-webkit (et al) is in the rootfs, not /opt.
That's just hilarious! So, in my SDK on a desktop that has over 500GB available and no need for space saving.... it's optified. But on a device with 256MB root and 2GB /home and in dire need of saving space... it's not . Win.

Also:

We are up to 5! Keep the votes coming, we're halfway there!

@Laughing Man:
I created a station on my N810 and the first couple times I had a song playing and ran into various issues (not the ones you mention though); but the last couple I paused the song first and then created a station and it all went perfectly.

Can I get you try this a couple times and see if your problem is reproduceable every time? And to everyone else, can I get a few people to try creating stations on an N900 and see what happens? (My SDK died on me yesterday)

I should be getting my N900 today and will see.

I found a bug in pianobar when installing on a new device.

Fixing and pianobar 2.0-2 will be up soon; will need votes again.

(wow, really annoying.)

working on a small issue with pyPianobar remembering users/passwords now that the default config doesn't get put on with the latest pianobar.

pyPianobar will create this.. new versions will be hitting repo's.