Notices

Now have FMMS working fully on Vodafone UK, works perfectly, just wanna say thanks to frals, top job.... If you do have vodafone and cant get it working keep persevering, just need the right settings within FMMS, no need for FAPN... As I said - excellent program, essential for N900...

Just installed PR1.2 by flashing. fMMS will not install due to something Python related being missing. Can someone else confirm this as well please?

teh - i can't confirm that, I flashed to 1.2 and have been reinstalling everything, and fmms installed without problem

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I've just uploaded 1.0.6, anyone using 1.0.5 is advised to upgrade asap as 1.0.5 crashes and won't log the incoming message properly unless the sender exists in contacts.

Changelog:
* fixed a bug where wappushhandler would crash when sender was unknown
* text inserted in database is properly encoded

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by frals View Post
I've just uploaded 1.0.6, anyone using 1.0.5 is advised to upgrade asap as 1.0.5 crashes and won't log the incoming message properly unless the sender exists in contacts.

Changelog:
Thanks !
Working perfectly, but the other phone (SE Naite) is still not receive my message that I sent with hebrew text.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
and with cyrillic.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
I can confirm this. After flashing to PR1.2, and restoring the application list from backup fMMS fails to install because the python-gobject dependency is not available.

Any ideas?

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I suspect installtion issues are because python-gobject is in nokia-binaries repository now. I assume this will work itself out in the coming 24hours as caches are cleared etc. Hopefully

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Looks like I spoke too soon - I was able to install fMMS fine in PR1.2 after I refreshed the repositories (think they were being hammered quite hard previously, and were unresponsive).

Originally Posted by lorebett View Post
Hi
I'm trying to use fmms with TIM Italian operator.
I got the settings from the wiki:

TIM Italy

* Connection Name: TIM MMS
* Connection Type: GPRS
* Access Point Name: mms.tim.it
* User Name: (leave blank)
* Password: (leave blank)
* Use Proxy: Yes
* HTTP Proxy: 213.230.130.89
* Port Number: 80
* MMSC: http://mms.tim.it/servlets/mms
* Resize Image: Medium (320)
* Your Phone Number: (Your Phone Number)

I actually don't have "Connection Type", and from what I understand I don't need to use fapn, right?

Well, after the configuration is saved, when I send an MMS I'm asked for the connection to select, and I select my GPRS connection, but it simply times out...
I finally managed to send MMS

First of all, the connection now is not requested anymore (the APN configured in fmms is used)... this seems to have started to work after I issued
Code:
/opt/fmms/fmms_config.py
in the terminal.

Then, the sending finally worked after I used:

* Access Point Name: unico.tim.it

instead of mms.tim.it.

Probably this other APN is requested for TIM if you have a business contract (like the one I'm using).

Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to lorebett For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python