Active Topics

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
the battery is full

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
Another happy customer here!
That kernel is getting better all the time…
Installed on top of v46 with bleeding edge drivers without removing,
nothing broken, Kernel-config works, sms work, load.sh wl1251 driver works.
That IO patch must have a positive effect. Perhaps someone will think of a test to prove it before upgrading.

edit: @TMavica, perhaps enabling RD mode would make it boot.

Last edited by evan; 2011-05-03 at 17:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to evan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Finally, i just dpkg'ed kernel, modules, flasher and bootimage and now i have v46;v47;omap1;NITDroid.
Thank You guys

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@pali and whoever is interested:

Find attached a patch (and other goodies) for kernel-power v46. The patch updates DSP bridge driver to version allowing us to use latest TI dsp codecs and those from android (for OMAP3430 of course). With using this patch(and DSP MPEG4 decoder from Omnia HD) I was able to play (not perfectly but the problem looks like gstreamer related) MPEG4 video with resolution of 1280x720. Just a POC. Lot more work in userland is needed until we got perfectly working 720p video (both play and record), but this patch seems to be enough from the kernel side.

More details in readme.txt in attached zip.

EDIT 08.05.2011: Attachment updated so no more userland libraries need to be changed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dspv2.zip (218.9 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-05-08 at 14:50. Reason: new patch attached

The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
Another happy customer here!
That kernel is getting better all the time…
Installed on top of v46 with bleeding edge drivers without removing,
nothing broken, Kernel-config works, sms work, load.sh wl1251 driver works.
That IO patch must have a positive effect. Perhaps someone will think of a test to prove it before upgrading.

edit: @TMavica, perhaps enabling RD mode would make it boot.
how to enable..? By the way I reflashed ><

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
how to enable..? By the way I reflashed ><
on windows: flasher-3.5.exe --enable-rd-mode
in theory (and in practice) it disables some watchdogs that would stop it from booting if something is wrong so that you can debug the problem.
helped me in the past.
http://wiki.maemo.org/R%26D_mode

The Following User Says Thank You to evan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
on windows: flasher-3.5.exe --enable-rd-mode
in theory (and in practice) it disables some watchdogs that would stop it from booting if something is wrong so that you can debug the problem.
helped me in the past.
http://wiki.maemo.org/R%26D_mode
too late...I reflashed><

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@pali and whoever is interested:

Find attached a patch (and other goodies) for kernel-power v46. The patch updates DSP bridge driver to version allowing us to use latest TI dsp codecs and those from android (for OMAP3430 of course). With using this patch(and DSP MPEG4 decoder from Omnia HD) I was able to play (not perfectly but the problem looks like gstreamer related) MPEG4 video with resolution of 1280x720. Just a POC. Lot more work in userland is needed until we got perfectly working 720p video (both play and record), but this patch seems to be enough from the kernel side.

More details in readme.txt in attached zip.
Ok. For power-kernel is interested only kernel part code. First, can you create diff for file rx51power_defconfig? And second, is gstreamer, media player, ... working if I apply only kernel patch? (We need be sure, that power-kernel 48 up will not break system).

And for all: Now I pushed power-kernel v47 to extras-devel. wait until maemo builder done its work.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Ok. For power-kernel is interested only kernel part code. First, can you create diff for file rx51power_defconfig? And second, is gstreamer, media player, ... working if I apply only kernel patch? (We need be sure, that power-kernel 48 up will not break system).

And for all: Now I pushed power-kernel v47 to extras-devel. wait until maemo builder done its work.
Fantastic work Pali and everyone else involved..thank you..

I think it helps if we can document the kernel-power changes..

Can we have all this new patch information go into kernel-power wiki page.. or should we have a another page created for this..

For changelog, you can reduce output 'git log' from my git repository

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou