Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Do I dare imagine what kind of sicko videos of filth are in that [weird] folder, pycage?
[weird] stuff of course!
Good to know that MediaBox can take this folder.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Here are the dbus-calls:

play:
signal sender=:1.11 -> dest=(null destination) serial=9191 path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_logicaldev_input_1; interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=Condition
string "ButtonPressed"
string "play-cd"

pause:
signal sender=:1.11 -> dest=(null destination) serial=9192 path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_logicaldev_input_1; interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=Condition
string "ButtonPressed"
string "pause-cd"

next:
signal sender=:1.11 -> dest=(null destination) serial=9187 path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_logicaldev_input_1; interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=Condition
string "ButtonPressed"
string "next-song"

previous:
signal sender=:1.11 -> dest=(null destination) serial=9188 path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_logicaldev_input_1; interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=Condition
string "ButtonPressed"
string "previous-song"

Maybe there are more commands, but my hardware only supports these.
I captured them with --system. With --session, there were no activities when
using the remote.
I hope, this will help. If you get AVRCP to work, mediabox will be the only
mediaplayer, that supports it, except the original player.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mase For This Useful Post:
I am running Diablo on the N810 and have a similar experience that mase described. I convert my media from FLAC to MP3 using mp3fs. While it seems that all the tags are preserved, Mediabox shows "unspecified" for artist and album names. The native media player in Maemo recognizes the tags perfectly, along with all of my other PC software. Is there perhaps some type of incompatibility with this setup?

*Edit* - Please note that I have tried disabling metalayer-crawler and scanning manually as others have mentioned. The results seem to be the same.

Thank you pycage for all your hard work. I've relied on your wonderful software for the last couple years.

Last edited by alphalux; 2010-08-08 at 19:42. Reason: Additional Note

It would be great if you could provide such a file so that I can look at it and find the problem.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
It would be great if you could provide such a file so that I can look at it and find the problem.
I just sent you a PM with a file link. Thanks for the response.

The Following User Says Thank You to alphalux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Hey pycage,

Got a question thats less of a bug report than a sanity check. I am running 2010.07.24. Except for mafw for the player backend for mp3 and ogg (vorbis), all of the backends seem to pause on any system event. Basically, any event involving the display will cause a 1/4 to 1/2 second (estimated) pause in the aidio stream. This includes display rotation, display dimming (separate pauses for going dim and going dark), unlocking the screen/keyboard (either by the pwrbtn/swipe or the little switch near the headphone jack).

Is there any way for me to optimize playback and still use mplayer? The reason is that just like on the N810, mplayer is the only one that seems to remember the location in the audio file. mafw and gstreamer do not. Is there any way to make mafw remember the location in the file for more than a few minutes or make mplayer so it does not pause every time anything happens?

Nokia freezes audio during these phases and nobody outside Nokia knows the reason why. Only MAFW is explicitly hardwired whitelisted in the OS to be allowed to continue play audio.
So no, you can't get smooth playback without using MAFW during these phases.

Theoretically, all backends should remember their position. There must be some kind of race condition between seeking and playing, so it currently only works with mplayer.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Nokia freezes audio during these phases and nobody outside Nokia knows the reason why. Only MAFW is explicitly hardwired whitelisted in the OS to be allowed to continue play audio.
So no, you can't get smooth playback without using MAFW during these phases.

Theoretically, all backends should remember their position. There must be some kind of race condition between seeking and playing, so it currently only works with mplayer.
I'll go back and try it with MAFW this morning. I do know that gstreamer would lose its position after several minutes. Luckily, you brought back starring, so if its going to be a prolonged pause, I usually just mark the position.

--vr

Hey, just wondering how's the maemo5 widget it doing. Is it still being worked on?

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Hey, just wondering how's the maemo5 widget it doing. Is it still being worked on?
Well, I got my n810 stolen, so it's delayed for a couple days.

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules