Closed Thread
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Actually, I have a lot of respect for both of them. I voted for one, but not the other, and I won't say why.I had a lot of hope for this council, but not much now.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ las vegas
Soo.. You are all fighting over a dead platform, made by a company who's ceo is good at dodging flying chairs? You all should rename this forum wp8 and call the council Steve Balmer Council with all the *****ing and whining going on.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Actually, I have a lot of respect for both of them. I voted for one, but not the other, and I won't say why.I had a lot of hope for this council, but not much now.
Let me take a guess, you didn't vote for Estel.... You're not the only one.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
More transparency, and the Councillors shouldn't be so agressive, they aren't dealing with former taliban fighters...

We are people and when we question we aren't looking to harm, we want clarity.

This situation had none of it.
yes you got a good point with that but opps we are late ! for real why not saying anything when the councilers nominated themselves ? well for me i get shocked when i read that in the mailing list "how could they be nominated and they are the judges " then i had a headache and went to sleep
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by sifo View Post
yes you got a good point with that but opps we are late ! for real why not saying anything when the councilers nominated themselves ? well for me i get shocked when i read that in the mailing list "how could they be nominated and they are the judges " then i had a headache and went to sleep
They're treating me like a former taliban fighter, I couldn't care less what they say anymore.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
that's the sad part...why does the council lose respect of the community? due to their flawed procedure and subsequent defences...Arie raised some valid points...even in the discussion thread for CA some ppl raised the issue of mailing lists not being the place to discuss the awards but they were more or less shut up with how TMO was a place with 50+ pages and whiners...

If this issue was very publicly raised i don't think the Council would have got the community's acceptance in applying for themselves too...anyway thats my 2pence and not an attack...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
i'd like to pose a question to everyone...while we all know what has happened was not to everyone's liking...what are the solutions that could rectify the matter? maybe if we present a compelling case to the council on the basis of an agitated community, they might be cool-headed and think it thro'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
im so sad i didnt won i nominated my self man i made the test-script :'(
after i checked some applies of the winners i got over heated for some

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
To get back to the point...

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
This situation is the essence of a conflict of interest, and the only acceptable solution at this point is for the awards to the councilors, at the very minimum, to be cancelled. Anything else is to render the whole matter a farce. I don't understand how anyone on this forum could find it reasonable to allow the judges of a competition, one intended to acknowledge valuable contributions to Maemo (including Harmattan), to loot it for their own personal gain.
No one from the council has attempted to defend such an action - only to present it as a fait accompli that can't be changed. That isn't the case, and no one should stand for it.

This isn't about netting myself a phone - now that I'm involved in the dispute, claiming I should have received one would be to render myself a hypocrite. What it is about is correcting the situation and making it apparent that this "council" puts itself ahead of the community it claims to represent.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
i'd like to pose a question to everyone...while we all know what has happened was not to everyone's liking...what are the solutions that could rectify the matter? maybe if we present a compelling case to the council on the basis of an agitated community, they might be cool-headed and think it thro'
Cancel the awards to the councilors and:
  • Call a popular vote to select the recipients, or
  • Reapportion them to the coding competition, or
  • Award them to Harmattan contributors, who were categorically ignored by the judges, or
  • Anything besides this

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 2012-06-23 at 03:28.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
@itsnotabigtruck

are you gonna take the award back if you were insted of the coucilors you are talking about ? i guess not and nobody gonna do such a thing unless he knows the he will be dead in the next day

Closed Thread

Tags
award, community, council, device, outcry