Notices

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Ok, new pyPianobar (2.1-1) up
* Attempt #2 at solving the 100% CPU pianobar lockup (re: auth token timeout)
Still getting locked up from token timeouts. Had to force the pyPianobar window to close and kill pianobar PID.

Thanks for trying again!

The Following User Says Thank You to ceevee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
Still getting locked up from token timeouts. Had to force the pyPianobar window to close and kill pianobar PID.

Thanks for trying again!
Damn.

Not sure what to do then.. I send a newline; q; newline, newline - anytime I get an error and pianobar's pipe is still open

Maybe I'll have to break them into separate calls instead of all in one string.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

when I change the station the play button gets moved.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to j-a-k For This Useful Post:
Are any plans for icon redesigns or are you just bugfixing at this point?

I did a little mock up

Last edited by nosa101; 2010-05-10 at 02:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Im up for any suggestions.

That's not a bad look there... though it looks like that would be better in portrait (which I plan to add if I ever get bored).. too much wasted space in landscape.

Originally Posted by j-a-k View Post
when I change the station the play button gets moved.
Odd... thought I had fixed that. I'll double check.

Odd... thought I had fixed that. I'll double check.
Thanks,
It doesn't affect functionality but thought you might be interested. BTW I really like the layout the way you have it (no offense to others with layout suggestions) It's finger friendly and I have been told that I have sausage fingers. It's easy to change songs in the car without swerving.

The Following User Says Thank You to j-a-k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
You already fixed that button issue j-a-k is having, maybe he needs to update or something? Could it possibly be the theme he has on it? I haven't had that issue in weeks.

And like you said, I think for the most part, the UI is fine in landscape mode. I personally prefer the big buttons(for skipping stuff in the car) and the displayed artwork layout, having any other info on the main window would be pretty pointless because it would be non-essential to the apps functions. I personally would like to the see the "Song" - Artist Titlebar moved down for songs and artists with long names. It can prevent you from discovering new artists, so that is the only problem I see with the UI at the moment.

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

The Following User Says Thank You to The Arsonist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Arsonist View Post
You already fixed that button issue j-a-k is having, maybe he needs to update or something? Could it possibly be the theme he has on it? I haven't had that issue in weeks.

And like you said, I think for the most part, the UI is fine in landscape mode. I personally prefer the big buttons(for skipping stuff in the car) and the displayed artwork layout, having any other info on the main window would be pretty pointless because it would be non-essential to the apps functions. I personally would like to the see the "Song" - Artist Titlebar moved down for songs and artists with long names. It can prevent you from discovering new artists, so that is the only problem I see with the UI at the moment.
Yup; problem I'm having is I'm seeing no built-in way for QT to scroll a label or the title bar so I'm either going to have to implement it myself (not looking forward to it) - or find somewhere to move it that is able to accommodate longer names.

I was also curious about J-A-K's version; but I thought both the version in Extras and Testing had the fix in it now. J-A-K can you tell me what version you're running?

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Yup; problem I'm having is I'm seeing no built-in way for QT to scroll a label or the title bar so I'm either going to have to implement it myself (not looking forward to it) - or find somewhere to move it that is able to accommodate longer names.

I was also curious about J-A-K's version; but I thought both the version in Extras and Testing had the fix in it now. J-A-K can you tell me what version you're running?
I'm was thinking A) You could separate the Title of the song from the Artist. Possibly put the Artist name or Song Name in the Title and put the other one line above the Album Name. Or B) Make it like a 3 bar info panel underneath the Album artwork(but I don't know exactly how many lines of text you have down there without having to resize the album artwork and such).

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

The Following User Says Thank You to The Arsonist For This Useful Post: