Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
I have noted that besides distance to destination bug (inaccurate value) route overview flyby gets stuck sometimes. In that case you can change zoom level and it should "un-stuck".

Also note that route overview flyby is scrolling at almost constant speed on screen. This means that you will be able to control flyby speed by changing zoom levels.

Well, I have my hands tied with new releases till the end of voting on MCC2011. Besides some known issues the app just works and provides . I have decided to promote it to Extras. When the Extras Testing voting link will start working please make your vote.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I recently updated cloudgps on my N900, via an on-line update, after which I could not get any maps to show, which was working perfectly before the update.

Have tried to uninstall and then reinstall, but it remains without any maps showing - can anyone help?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
I really like CloudGPS and it works great on my N900. However, maybe I am missing something but is there no "help function"? I keep forgetting which key is used to switch map providers etc. It would be really helpful if CloudGPS could show the key mapping (for example by pressing "h").

The Following User Says Thank You to pinsh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Yes, help window(may be pop-up) would be really nice

Hi, thanks for this great app. It's the only useful OSM-app for the N900.

But one thing for the navigation. You wrote that I can choose between CloudMade and Google. How can I switch?
I think CloudMade provides routing for bicycle too. Can you make this configuratable too please?

Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Yes, help window(may be pop-up) would be really nice
Good idea. An semi-transparent overlay even?

Originally Posted by MrClear View Post
Hi, thanks for this great app. It's the only useful OSM-app for the N900.

But one thing for the navigation. You wrote that I can choose between CloudMade and Google. How can I switch?
I think CloudMade provides routing for bicycle too. Can you make this configuratable too please?
READ THE FIRST POST! All the instructions are there.

Press 'S' to change search provider.

As to the people who are having difficulty remembering the 4-5 buttons used in this program (do you remember how to spell your own name?). Dwarz has said he will address this later, currently there is a 'feature freeze' till after the coding competition.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
As to the people who are having difficulty remembering the 4-5 buttons used in this program

Have a wee neb at post #1 again. I counted 19 along with varying combinations ; you must be missing out on a whole load of features if you've only been pressing 4, or maybe 5 .

The Following User Says Thank You to gregoranderson For This Useful Post:
Hey, Ive been usıng cloudgps as I drove from Cyprus fom the UK (3000 miles) and it has proved to be an extrmely valuable appliclation for routing and trackiıng current positıon.

Otherthan a few minor glıtches it has served extremely well as an offline GPS application, and much better online as a routing app.

There is just one improvement I can suggest to an otherwıse fantastic app that İ,ve needed on this trip:

*Record button - to track how many miles you have covered (useful offline)

and thats ıt - I could dıe happy

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
Hey, Ive been usıng cloudgps as I drove from Cyprus fom the UK (3000 miles) and it has proved to be an extrmely valuable appliclation for routing and trackiıng current positıon.

Otherthan a few minor glıtches it has served extremely well as an offline GPS application, and much better online as a routing app.

There is just one improvement I can suggest to an otherwıse fantastic app that İ,ve needed on this trip:

*Record button - to track how many miles you have covered (useful offline)

and thats ıt - I could dıe happy
I plan to add tracking (showing all points from GPS as a lines) as well as track calculator in one of next releases. Track calculator will show distance passed, speed statistics etc.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:

Tags
best gps app