Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
I got a 2nd n950 from qgil for promising to put conky in ovi store asap, I tried to get a pureview or something else but he said I can only trade it myself. He can only send n9/n950. I tested it and mailed it to itsnotabigtruck yesterday. It's NOT a loan so I'm free to do this.
You guys can reimburse me for shipping if you want, itsnotabigtruck has no paypal so I told him not to worry. It was like $30

I also got a replacement n950 by emailing the address above and stating that I broke my sim slot. That one is technically a loan but I guess Nokia is not wanting the broken one back. They must want me to throw it away. Recycling is better than garbage, though. Reusing is better than recycling. I'm sure they won't mind if I mail it somewhere to be reused then. Who can use it?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
I got a 2nd n950 from qgil for promising to put conky in ovi store asap, I tried to get a pureview or something else but he said I can only trade it myself. He can only send n9/n950. I tested it and mailed it to itsnotabigtruck yesterday. It's NOT a loan so I'm free to do this.
You guys can reimburse me for shipping if you want, itsnotabigtruck has no paypal so I told him not to worry. It was like $30
Nice to see that itsnotabigtruck will get a N950 !

How can the community donate US$30 to you ? Do you have PayPal ?

I also got a replacement n950 by emailing the address above and stating that I broke my sim slot. That one is technically a loan but I guess Nokia is not wanting the broken one back. They must want me to throw it away. Recycling is better than garbage, though. Reusing is better than recycling. I'm sure they won't mind if I mail it somewhere to be reused then. Who can use it?
e-yes wants a N950 but he is in Russia, far way from USA and with the risk of import taxes.

I am still waiting if somebody can exchange my N9 award for a N950 (2012 award) so e-eyes can receive one.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
i'm the webmaster of a forum of maemo/meego and others OS my n900 has broke and im interesting in a n950 to continue colaborate with the platform.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
@Verssetti

what is stopping you man ! you can buy one or win an award in the coding competition if you made an app
Lol

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
@sifo a make a little app in maemo i make tutorials of how to do... i'm bring support to maemo users. My n900 is broken and need a n950 to continue colaborate with the platform.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...nice try. Especially after i checked out your 'forum'.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
How can the community donate US$30 to you ? Do you have PayPal ?
e-yes wants a N950 but he is in Russia, far way from USA and with the risk of import taxes.

Paypal
Make sure you post something here if you send me $ for this or I might get too much

I'm not sure if e-yes would want it with broken sim slot, because for sure he needs to test the 3g radio a lot. I wouldn't worry about the duties, it's a gift, I think he won't have to pay anything.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Verssetti View Post
@sifo a make a little app in maemo i make tutorials of how to do... i'm bring support to maemo users. My n900 is broken and need a n950 to continue colaborate with the platform.
I have given more to the Harmattan community and my blog is more or less sitting idle.

Not happening bro.

Try again.

Edit: you don't need anything to collaborate with the platform... Buy an N9 like the rest of us did.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-07-14 at 18:28.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ London
Quick update,

It seems Nokia will no longer replace broken N950's,

Only faulty devices will be replaced.

Paypal
Make sure you post something here if you send me $ for this or I might get too much
It was good of you to post your extra N950, I've sent $10 to your paypal to start the postage collection off

If it's not too much extra you should feel comfortable to keep it as a reward for your creamy goodness you brought to the community - have a beer on us

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-07-14 at 22:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
awards, donating