Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I clicked on that link and got:

vBulletin Message
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Perfect candidate for a wiki page!
Unfortunately, as I don't know what the source of my problem is (I think I can eliminate corrupted memory card and processes that reproducibly take CPU time), I can't add any information for the moment. FYI, the charger cable has been unplugged for 6 hours (the N810 was also most of the time in my pocket), and the battery is still full.

So, it could be a problem in diablo or in one of the applets that occurs from time to time. Or could it be the heat?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Einstein: E=mc(square)

I think heat is a form of energy. It happens to me on a couple of occasion. The tablet gets warm and the next thing, battery is gone.
And yes, it is a N810. And yes, it is pre-diablo. I have no squirt idea what is going on, it seems it is rare enough, as someone put in, I just move on.

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I think heat is a form of energy. It happens to me on a couple of occasion. The tablet gets warm and the next thing, battery is gone.
Could be the problem here.

And yes, it is a N810. And yes, it is pre-diablo.
I didn't have any problem with chinook, but diablo came with the heat. It may not be a good idea to keep the N810 in one's pocket in a very warm room.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
so ignorant... but you are right... just make a usefull comment or leave it. is it so difficult for you?

btt: i don't think that the problem is the general heat in a room or in the pocket, because the n810 itself gets warm like if it is runnig a resojrce-hungry program (video for example).
if you don't think that it is a problem with diablo, what think you then that it is?
for me the problem was away with flashing chinook back

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
problem appeared when I installed Diablo. But after a few battery cycles, it seems to have gone away so far. Could it be that this is a learning process to adjust consumption?
I am cautious however to switch wifi off ( BT always off, it s draining power like crazy), shut down all applications for the night. So this also can explain the disappearance of the problem.
By the way, same problem occured after Chinook plus huge problems in finding my wifi base. It improved with time too...

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
Hey vinc17, try to recreate your swap file. I had this once that the swap file got corrupted and used a lot of battery power.

1.Disable swap in the settings menu
2.Delete the swap file manually
3.Create a new swap file via the settings menu

Mabye this fix the issue for you as well. Do you have a spare battery to double check if maybe the battery(hardware) is damaged?

The Following User Says Thank You to Sorenzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Another thing - how do you stop your network connections? Offline mode?

Originally Posted by Sorenzo View Post
Hey vinc17, try to recreate your swap file. I had this once that the swap file got corrupted and used a lot of battery power.

1.Disable swap in the settings menu
2.Delete the swap file manually
3.Create a new swap file via the settings menu

Mabye this fix the issue for you as well.
I don't use swap at all (and I've never used swap). So, this cannot be the problem.

Do you have a spare battery to double check if maybe the battery(hardware) is damaged?
No spare battery. But I don't think this comes from the battery, unless it got hot by itself for no reason.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Another thing - how do you stop your network connections?
Yes, as I've said in my initial post, no wifi, no bluetooth. More precisely, bluetooth is permanently disabled. Concerning the wifi, I disconnected in the morning (otherwise, it disconnects by itself when I leave home). I could check when I came back that it did not reconnect automatically (in case of a bug, because automatic connection is disabled).

Offline mode?
No offline mode. I just locked the touch screen and keys. Except when I had this battery problem twice, this is sufficient: the battery remains full after several hours.

The Following User Says Thank You to vinc17 For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery drain