Active Topics

Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
ok i figured out the personal menu .. i went to settings/control panel/panels and i enabled it. now my problem is finding where i can download free ebooks compatible with the FBReader Application
Not to sound rude but check the wiki and search the forum please... many of these questions have been asked before.

hello again, I am trying to get some downloads for my n810 from maemo etc, evertime i log in it just wont let me download anything. I particularly want to get the latest version on my machine as i am using a 2007 version, is there a link I can get to at least download this and then I am trying to get msn messenger to work on the machine, everything else I cn work out in time.
Thanks . Lee

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Hi guys, I just got my N810 as well, two days ago. I am still in the process of learning how to navigate around it. Of course that is why I am here on this site. I have been reading through the post trying to get as much as I can.

So far I think I have too problems that may be small, maybe not. I was following instructions to update the firmware when I first received the device but, the application said it couldn't connect to the server and I don't know if I really need it or not. Reason being is that I bought it second hand from E-bay. The seller said it was a display model that is practically brand new. It looks brand new but, there applications install on the device that I think were installed from use.

My second problem that I am having is accessing my webmail. I have yahoo and hotmail and so far I've tried checking my hotmail. When I do, I logged in, I can see my inbox but can't get any of the messages to open. Is that some sort of browser issue? Thanks

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
I was following instructions to update the firmware when I first received the device but, the application said it couldn't connect to the server and I don't know if I really need it or not.
Nokia's requirements for a software update + instructions

My second problem that I am having is accessing my webmail. I have yahoo and hotmail and so far I've tried checking my hotmail. When I do, I logged in, I can see my inbox but can't get any of the messages to open. Is that some sort of browser issue? Thanks
Go to your e-mail account / navigate to e-mail (top left) / tools /accounts / select e-mail / edit / under account tab / retrieve - set it to messages / retrieval limit - no limit.

Can you view your e-mail through the web browser?

I don't have email account setup on my device since I don't have any pop accounts or anything. I webmail accounts from yahoo and hotmail and so far I can't seem to be able to access them on the build-in browser.

Another question, there is a game folder on the N810 that I see in applications manager but, it is not in the application menu and the folder is empty. How do I put it in the menu to have my games setup there? Thanks

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I don't have email account setup on my device since I don't have any pop accounts or anything. I webmail accounts from yahoo and hotmail and so far I can't seem to be able to access them on the build-in browser.
Not sure about yahoo, but when I've needed to, I've been able to access my hotmail with no problem on the N810.

Another question, there is a game folder on the N810 that I see in applications manager but, it is not in the application menu and the folder is empty. How do I put it in the menu to have my games setup there? Thanks
If your talking about the Games folder in the N810 device memory, I think that is where some games save the user files to. When I look at mine, there is a folder in there for the game Numpty Physics. When games get installed, they install no differently than any other application.

What you can do, is go to Settings > Control Panel > Panels, and from there you can customize how the Application menu sorts and displays the programs. I've added different sections (Multimedia, Games, Applications etc)

Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
Not sure about yahoo, but when I've needed to, I've been able to access my hotmail with no problem on the N810.

If your talking about the Games folder in the N810 device memory, I think that is where some games save the user files to. When I look at mine, there is a folder in there for the game Numpty Physics. When games get installed, they install no differently than any other application.

What you can do, is go to Settings > Control Panel > Panels, and from there you can customize how the Application menu sorts and displays the programs. I've added different sections (Multimedia, Games, Applications etc)
I_was_able_l0g0n_eventually.I_d0n't_kn0w_why
_it_wasn't_w0rking_bef0re._I_als0_learned_ab0ut_th e_c0ntr0l_panel
_settings._S0_far,_s0_g00d.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
I_was_able_l0g0n_eventually.I_d0n't_kn0w_why
_it_wasn't_w0rking_bef0re._I_als0_learned_ab0ut_th e_c0ntr0l_panel
_settings._S0_far,_s0_g00d.
And it appears you've also found the joy in life that is Nokia's handwriting "recognition".

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
And it appears you've also found the joy in life that is Nokia's handwriting "recognition".
I am not on the device right now, can't get no wifi where I'm at. That was just a faulty keyboard.