Active Topics

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
The two execs that I didn't want to see leave were Vanjoki and Jaaksi.

Oh well, at least we are still left with people like Savander, Mcdowell and Ojanperä, who have consistent track record in failing gloriously (Ovi, Comes With Music, corporate market etc).
Tell me about it.
To speak the truth head of MeeGo devices and MeeGo operations by next year will be something totally different than what it have been with the tablets and even with N900, but it's still sad to see him leave Nokia totally.
Very interested to see who takes his place.

I don't like the sound of this at all. Being always so enthusiastic about Maemo/Meego, why leave at this point? Can't be good sign..

Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
I don't like the sound of this at all. Being always so enthusiastic about Maemo/Meego, why leave at this point? Can't be good sign..
Just a thought but did he leave the spot or did he get fired(and yes i know what the press release says)? Like i said above leading MeeGo devices will be very different to the previous years of Maemo.

Maybe all 3 of them will go and form a smaller cell phone company, Aikon they'll call it, and show 'em how it's really done?

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Here's how to be a real winner here:

Take your STILL working N900 if you have one...

Put it in a box in a VERY safe place.

Wait 10 years...

Yours will be the only one working, all the others will have had their usb ports ripped out by then.

Smithsonian will want yours and it will be worth BIG Money when you Auction it on Ebay as the Pinnacle of development for the the immensely mis-managed, once pre-eminent, and NOW Defunct NOKIA

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Here's how to be a real winner here:

Take your STILL working N900 if you have one...

Put it in a box in a VERY safe place.

Wait 10 years...

Yours will be the only one working, all the others will have had their usb ports ripped out by then.

Smithsonian will want yours and it will be worth BIG Money when you Auction it on Ebay as the Pinnacle of development for the the immensely mis-managed, once pre-eminent, and NOW Defunct NOKIA
I don't agree with you, but I LOL'd at it...

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Techcrunch says or hints strongly that he's leaving because Elop is going to bring Android on board.

As MeeGo VP Quits, Nokia CEO Taking Calls From Eric Schmidt

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rauha View Post
techcrunch says or hints strongly that he's leaving because elop is going to bring android on board.

as meego vp quits, nokia ceo taking calls from eric schmidt
hahahahaha

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Techcrunch says or hints strongly that he's leaving because Elop is going to bring Android on board.

Android not a chance... More likely Winmobile in that case...

There also is rumors that Microsoft plans too bid on nokia :-/

I know that this is rumors but it can be true bot campanys loosing invesntments atm... Its could be a win/win situation...

But VERY bad for the opensource commonity if it happens.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou

Nokia should just license all the license-able OS (android, wp7, webos?) and put Qt frameworks on top of them, making Ovi the sole mobile app platform that works on all the major mobile OS.

Provide online sync\backup, then their customers data and apps are protected as they switch platform. (Well, as close to that as possible).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
suomiexitnok