Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by scotty_m View Post
I had already run chmod but it's not changing permissions - doing ls -la afterwards shows that nothing has changed for that file. I don't know why it's ignoring me setting permissions
Is the file in your MyDocs folder? IIRC that is formatted with FAT32 filesystem which does not support permissions. Move it to /home/user rather than /home/user/MyDocs and try again.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Kiel, Germany
Sorry if it has been discussed before, but I just can't get the accelerometer working. I followed the instructions fromn Izzeho on page 1 (installed Accelemymote, edited the blight_input, started Accelemymote and the emulator), but it didn't work. Accelerometer and hardware keys both didn't work, so i had to restore the old settings. How to get it working anyway? Do i have to set the arrow keys as Joystick keys?

I also can't get the Saving Option working for Memory Pack. Do i have to edit any settings for that? There are several entries in the mupen64plus.conf. What are the values for following entries?:
NoMemoryExpansion =
AotoIncSaveSlot =
CurrentSaveSlot =
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by DarthLuda; 2010-07-09 at 10:41.

accelerometer isnt working for me either and i followed those steps

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Gave it a quick play around. Crashes with seg fault trying to load a ROM with the GUI. Also of note is that all the conf files created in /home/user/.mupen64plus are owned by root... making it difficult to modify manually.

Blight input configuration in the GUI now works flawlessy, however. Tried execution with mupen64plus <romname>, it crashed and now my GUI reverts back to the black GUI as well, not sure whats going on :P
This all reads like you are trying to run mupen64plus as root. Can you delete your ~/.mupen64dir directory and retry (without running it as root)?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
An alternative way to install/test Accelemymote is to install MAME. Bonus: you get a complete arcade emulator. It should install and automatically use accelerometer control, so you can make sure that bit is working.

Then you just have to edit your config file and start accelemymote to make it work with mupen. Make sure you start accelemymote before you start mupen.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Originally Posted by ishurmer View Post
Is the file in your MyDocs folder? IIRC that is formatted with FAT32 filesystem which does not support permissions. Move it to /home/user rather than /home/user/MyDocs and try again.
Thanks! Hadn't thought about it being FAT32. All working fine now

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
Is there a chance for an update soon? I'm not talking about GUI or sound, just a more optified version, to run better (and more) games.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by slartibartfass View Post
just a more optified version, to run better (and more) games.
I do not think "Optification" means what you think it means... (see http://wiki.maemo.org/Opt_Problem ).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
Yeah, thats possible, i'm not native to the english language.
I meant improved or optimized.

Last edited by slartibartfass; 2010-07-09 at 20:37.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2010 @ turkey
error ============= no input plugin specified

please help

http://maemo.org/packages/view/mupen64plus-arm-gui/

Last edited by nesrazz; 2010-07-09 at 20:43.

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64