Notices

Yes,a new version of Navteq maps for Mobile Maps 10 would fair,because using 2009 maps in 2011 it's a shame for such a good product.Maybe Sygic support can tell us if it will be a new version of Europe maps in the near future?
Best Regards

If the problem is that a release version implies the need to provide support, what if Sygic were to just release the beta they already have for N900 users, with the understanding that this is a beta and that they do not plan to support it? Since it is already available on other platforms for free, this should not be a problem for them. It would give Sygic a wider user base and a lot of N900 users a chance to actually use Aura. It would be a win-win!

Dear customers and fans,

I want to let you know we decided to stop sales of Mobile Maps for Maemo. We will also remove the trial app from Ovi Store.

Selling the app to new customers creates commitment for us to care for the customers in the future. It also generates expectations for existing customers we may not be able to meet.

We also decided to put our MeeGo project on hold. We may restart the project in the future. For now, no development. We will update feedback.sygic.com respectively.

Sorry for bad news.

Kind regards,

Samo Jurdik
Online Channels Director

That's a shame, but understandable.
Mobile Maps is a great product, and I'd like to thank Sygic for releasing it to Maemo in the first instance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Yorky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
@SygicSupport: what are you going to do with your current customers, please clarify. Especially as regards maps update.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
@SygicSupport: what are you going to do with your current customers, please clarify. Especially as regards maps update.
+1
Just bought my version of MM10 in the shop 3 months ago. Would be more than sad to know there won't be any maps updates....

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
That is really sad...

Agreed. I bought mine a few months back, but to be honest I really didn't expect any updates to it.

I do really appreciate them supporting maemo considering it is a small platform, and the app was only $20, which was worth it imho.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
Agreed. I bought mine a few months back, but to be honest I really didn't expect any updates to it.

I do really appreciate them supporting maemo considering it is a small platform, and the app was only $20, which was worth it imho.
glad for you, but I paid almost 30 EUR which is around 40 USD... anyway, I guess I'll be happier with opensource software next time. That way at least somebody could take over the development, if the initial developer abandons his project (like powerkernel for example).

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
What will happen to customers who bought the traffic update services?

Will the service still function?

Reason I ask is that when I used wayfinder on the N810 that service stopped, but we did not get any notification from the provider. Just random vague comments about the server being down.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Tags
buysomethinelse, goodbye nokia