Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Sorry for jumping here in but:
http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/2009/11/m...art-of-it.html
"When I talk about a computer, I talk about a computer people use today, especially young people. Think about the internet, messaging, sharing, openness, and think about browsers and players. Don't think about spreadsheets, word processors, file managers, or closed systems. That should put you in the right ballpark to start with."
Now that's fair. Thanks for your input... being curious about what Nokia means and asking tends to get mixed results. But this is as concrete as it can get.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'm gonna miss you when you're gone, Guber99. After a few dozen posts your incessant pedantic ranting got annoying but now it's kinda cute. Reminds me of my kids when they were younger.
SMH

You cannot be that dismissive that you're overlooking that a portion of Exchange support is actually missing and there's no clear evidence on the Nokia websites what is and isn't supported to people seeking that level of inquiry. It's a fact, that type of information is indeed lacking or it's buried.

I can understand that fully. When the iPhone first came out, imagine how upsetting it was that you couldn't copy/paste, bulk delete in the e-mail and there was no documentation that stated otherwise. After enough complaints, it was implemented... and documented. I didn't receive my iPhone (via company) until those items was supported - and the company had to find out somehow.

Same for this kind of stuff. Shortcomings exist. They're not exactly spelled out. And a device that's "that powerful" lacking some features is to be expected. But you cannot make a fully informed purchase if the shortcomings are not listed out.

This is one of those situations. To scoff and shrug it off; means that it's not an issue that clearly affects you, and that's fine. But it does affect others...

How would you feel if you were pushed aside as such if there was an overlooked feature that you truly desired and each time you brought it up, the entire community and/or company just ignored you? How would you feel? How would you react?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Sorry for jumping here in but:
http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/2009/11/m...art-of-it.html
"When I talk about a computer, I talk about a computer people use today, especially young people. Think about the internet, messaging, sharing, openness, and think about browsers and players. Don't think about spreadsheets, word processors, file managers, or closed systems. That should put you in the right ballpark to start with."
That vision is so wrong on so many things, but meh... if Ari wants to dig his grave, he can lie on it happily.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Just read the newest blog marking from Ari about applications from http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/

More interesting than that was the replys to that article here:
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...15534754190331

Not one positive reply. Not one.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
So I guess the conclusion of this thread is that the user didn't get what they thought they would due to stated but not direcly stated on-box capabilities of a device that was not made for extensive enterprise use. Said user wants to return to normacy and would like a response from Nokia as to why their implementation was different as their expectation were outside of the specific stated spec and the user had only former devices from the same make to compare. Former devices are not alike in market or scope and this was stated by the company however. User provided feedback but to date has not seen a return on their investment so they would like to hit the reset button (figurtavely speaking).

If that's all this is, will the OP assist the team responsible for addressing this once they have gotten their money back? Or, is the terms of service the user accepted ('accepting the device as is with no respect to features not promised') made null and void because of this discontent?

Does this thread really need to stay open if those questions are answered?

Last edited by ARJWright; 2010-02-07 at 20:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
SMH

You cannot be that dismissive that you're overlooking that a portion of Exchange support is actually missing and there's no clear evidence on the Nokia websites what is and isn't supported to people seeking that level of inquiry. It's a fact, that type of information is indeed lacking or it's buried.

I can understand that fully. When the iPhone first came out, imagine how upsetting it was that you couldn't copy/paste, bulk delete in the e-mail and there was no documentation that stated otherwise. After enough complaints, it was implemented... and documented. I didn't receive my iPhone (via company) until those items was supported - and the company had to find out somehow.

Same for this kind of stuff. Shortcomings exist. They're not exactly spelled out. And a device that's "that powerful" lacking some features is to be expected. But you cannot make a fully informed purchase if the shortcomings are not listed out.

This is one of those situations. To scoff and shrug it off; means that it's not an issue that clearly affects you, and that's fine. But it does affect others...

How would you feel if you were pushed aside as such if there was an overlooked feature that you truly desired and each time you brought it up, the entire community and/or company just ignored you? How would you feel? How would you react?
Gerbick, you discredit me out of hand as easily as you (mistakenly) claim I am doing. You should know me better than that by now to compose such an unfair accusation.

I can only guess you're missing some history here. Have you read vitaly's MfE thread at all?

Hint: this isn't about users rightfully noting missing features and making a reasonable effort to get them implemented. This is about spam, pure and simple.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Gerbick, you discredit me out of hand as easily as you (mistakenly) claim I am doing. You should know me better than that by now to compose such an unfair accusation.

I can only guess you're missing some history here. Have you read vitaly's MfE thread at all?

Hint: this isn't about users rightfully noting missing features and making a reasonable effort to get them implemented. This is about spam, pure and simple.
He should discredit you out of hand as you have not provided back up to half truths you are espousing. Why would I spam after owning Nokia devices for the past 8 years here in USA, where NOKIA is as common cell phone as Renault car is on the streets. They produce fine devices, and I have tried to stick with them. This is no spam, this is reality. Many individuals have complained of email difficulties on this device.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
Many individuals have complained of email difficulties on this device.
... and some of it is rational and useful, and some of it is spam. Especially when the same thing is repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
and over and over.......and then once more just for good measure.. cause we may have missed all the rest...
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
I got a reply from NOKIA that because its been more than a month, the device can not be returned. I guess I am stuck on this boards and N900...........

Closed Thread

Tags
activesync, exchange, expectations, fremantle, give 'em hell guber99, i dreamed a dream, maemo, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, non-provisionable, non-provisioning, provisionable, provisioning, return