Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
MicroB is vastly superior to Firefox Mobile RC1. IMO the best feature of Firefox is the addon install interface. I tried the Shareaholic addon but I was unable to use it. The button in the main window and the option button in the settings pane don't do anything. I'm a bit disappointed...

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
As a owner of prehistoric N810 I have disagree many of the posters here. RC1 is great! Better in many things than MicroB that N8x0s have in my opinion. Definitely not "firefox rc1 sucks" or "premature ejaculation".

Previous beta was already quite stable in my N810. Cannot say much about the new RC1 after few minutes of browsing. But I can definitely notice the improvements over old version (maybe something to do with JavaScript?). Good work Mozilla team!

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm I've tried the geo-location addon on the N900. It keeps saying I'm in Austin, TX which I am not..

Doesn't seem to use the GPS at all when determing location.
Not a bad place to be though... Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (and a "bat city license plate")...

Damn.. Didn't think it could be THIS slow ) Just tried it, played around with it for 5 minutes, time in which I tried installing adblock and subscribing to a list (which I have no idea if it worked), waited for the interface to load and respond and loaded half of a pretty complex page. Uninstalled it, it's not worth keeping in my opinion, like browsing in molasses .

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
it doesn't really compare to microb. yet. I've chosen mozilla for my computer for its speed and usability; both are now with rc1 far beneath my expectation

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Is it optified (beta 5) ? Coz i have just like 23Mb free on rootfs...

By the way...as much as i like Firefox on PC...i have to say that this mobile version so far sucks... and it's beta 5 lol...they have a long way to go to make it even comparable to MicroB...

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
At the current speed, I highly doubt the Mozilla browser can really much up with the speed of MicroB browser. Premature ejaculation.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
It also appears that the Mozilla folks don't know how to run a repository properly, otherwise we'd be getting update notifications.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I have no interest in trying out a beta browser because MicroB does everything i want it to, but for a completely free piece of software some of you are being pretty rude, tasteless, and vulgar...

On a completely unrelated note, there was a free trial of Wifi on my flight last week, and i was IMing my friends with my brand new phone from 30k feet. My status was set to "sitting in a chair in the sky". It was so amazing.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I have no interest in trying out a beta browser because MicroB does everything i want it to, but for a completely free piece of software some of you are being pretty rude, tasteless, and vulgar...
For free software community feedback is a good thing. The entire point of releasing betas is to find out how they fare in real use. If you're not even going to test the thing you're contributing nothing at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to ewan For This Useful Post:

Tags
firefox, firefox rc1 sucks, stop making junk tags