Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
Good to hear someone else is seeing the same thing. After low battery warning almost 24 hours back, my N800 is still going. Battery level has been bouncing between 30% and 37%. It drops from 37 to 30 and then climbs back up to 35 or 36.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by prk60091 View Post
...it takes moments to get the full battery notice....- if the battery were really discharged it would take 1-2 hours to fully recharge......
Yup, I noticed the same behavior too

bun

Originally Posted by davidgro View Post
So, I have a simple question: Why does a card that isn't being read or written to still use any power? (no swap, metalayer-crawler, etc. were involved in the boot from flash test that still used 3%/hour with the A-data)
I have an even simpler one : why do cards that worked just fine in a N800 with 0S2007 and OS2008-Chinook suddenly create all these random power-related problems in Diablo, and still do after six months and two updates ?...

Last edited by fpp; 2008-12-24 at 15:31.

just ran a test this am
connecting to my home wifi and running nothing other than connection manager and adv-power my battery indicator droppedd 6.8% in 5 minutes!
connection manager showed that my n810 received 1.85MB of data and sent .23MB of data. i have set modest to manually download email and i manually refresh my rss feeds- i don't get it
something is operating in the background while on wifi and it is not running while tethered to my phone.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Usually once a day right after you connect the download manager is checking for updates... That's at least 30 seconds on 70-100% CPU. There are probably other internet eating beasts on your tablet

I can't install the advanced-power applet cause it says I don't have python 2.5. WTF?

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Usually once a day right after you connect the download manager is checking for updates... That's at least 30 seconds on 70-100% CPU. There are probably other internet eating beasts on your tablet
Is this EVERY time you connect to the network? At least 2 times a day I have to go into offline mode. Some days it's like 4-5 times? Are you saying each time I go online this thing checks?

That's not cool. I thought it checked when I asked it to. This will have to stop.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
it has a 24 hour counter. it will check at first available chance after that count comes around.
that interval can be adjusted in gconf btw.

also, i suspect modest may not properly respect having the automatic check disabled:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3953

Last edited by tso; 2008-12-24 at 18:04.

Thanks tso. I don't mind once a day regardless of checking status but if it was each and everytime i thrown on the connection then that would be a problem.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I charge every night before I go to bed and leave my N810 on 24/7. I've only had one instance of mysterious low battery. I turn off my WiFi router wwhen I power down my system for the evening. With it off I occasionaly heard the the lost network connection sound. One morning the battery was very low. I now disaable networking as part of my bedtime ritual and the low battery in the morning event has never occurred again. My N8110 is my constant companion aaand assistant. I use it frequently for short periods as well as some longer use periods. The battery time estimate seeems to be based on battery consumption rate aat that time. After finishing a along period of use it may say 3 hrs but after a minute of idel it may say 5 or 6 hrs. For my useage patterns I consider battery life good. I don't have swap enabled aand the only timed event I'm aware of adding is a daily alarm to wake me in the morning.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1