Active Topics

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
$75 + S/H for 8G was kind of stiff in the past. Now with the drying up of RS-MMC, that certainly looks very actractive. nhanquy and I were discussing about it. Thanks.

bun
Price drop to I think $70.

I have not gotten the 48 Mhz kernel installed yet, I have not had time this week.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by whayong View Post
Wait, no opinions/answers on my question yet? Don't mean to be pushy, lol. So, after the flash to Fanoush's kernel, do I need to use the hotfix? This is on OS2007HE
Sorry, I hope some guru is going to jump in. I have no idea what hotfix you talking about? I need more info to help you. You mean the wifi bug hotfix? Just a wild guess....
bun

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Sorry, yes, it's the wifi bug fix. I know the latest version of OS2007HE doesn't need it but what about after flashing to the new kernel?

The Following User Says Thank You to whayong For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
This is also interesting:

2G
http://www.supermediastore.com/sandi...-usb-card.html

or

4G
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820171344 (out of stock)
Congratulation for 'stealing' a N810 for $206. Now you can have the pain of the N810 GPS system . Maybe its time to put your 770 in the market, uh?

bun

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Wait, no opinions/answers on my question yet? Don't mean to be pushy, lol. So, after the flash to Fanoush's kernel, do I need to use the hotfix? This is on OS2007HE
Well, searching this forum for "wlan hotfix" or even just "hotfix" gives the main hotfix thread (which is sticky btw) and the answer is in the first post. Can't be much easier :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Thanks for getting back to me Fanoush but I did read that and I'm still a little unclear. I know you do not need it for the latest version of OS2007HE. But after flashing your high speed kernel, do I still need it? I'm asking if the high speed kernel needs it or not. I do not know much about linux and I'm here looking for your guidance. BTW, the high speed kernel made my 770 so much faster with OS2007HE. Thanks for the excellent work.

...the high speed kernel made my 770 so much faster with OS2007HE. Thanks for the excellent work.
Did I not see some 'nay' sayer? I am glad you experience what most people experienced. We all thanked the tablet master - fanoush!

@fanoush: did you see what nhanquy got lucky today....... a N810 for $206! Early bird got the best catch!

bun

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
But after flashing your high speed kernel, do I still need it? I'm asking if the high speed kernel needs it or not.
It is not related. You still either need it or not no matter what kernel you flashed. The bug and the fix is not in the kernel (see also posts #20 and 22 in that thread). And no, the kernel itself does not need the fix.
BTW, the high speed kernel made my 770 so much faster with OS2007HE. Thanks for the excellent work.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

AWESOME! Thanks again for all the great work to an otherwise forget piece of hardware. All this stuff makes it worth owning a 770.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Congratulation for 'stealing' a N810 for $206. Now you can have the pain of the N810 GPS system . Maybe its time to put your 770 in the market, uh?

bun
Nope. I am planning to collect them all! and will not put my 770 in any market!

I have N800 with Nokia LD-3W "stolen" from ebay for under $40 from someone who claimed it's broken. The combination is not that bad with "map".

The Following User Says Thank You to nhanquy For This Useful Post: