Active Topics

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
WOW, not really sure how I missed this thread??
This SIZE=6 keeps me wondering...

How many key contributors are still missing the fact that we want then in the Maemo Summit and we even can help them landing and sleeping in Berlin.

Like John Costigan aka gnuite aka the Mapper brain. Is it suspicious or not that he hasn't said anything. Can you please help poking the right guys? Think of it: all the beauties they can discuss and hack when sharing the same roof some days...

PS: for planning purposes I'm thinking of closing the sponsorship program around August 1st. To give you an idea about deadlines.

Well, you can PM all the people on that list (I can do just did that, actually...) but there are some people who've made major contributions that don't hang out on here.

Last edited by Benson; 2008-07-15 at 23:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Also, it's vacation season... For instance, Mr. T. Rat hasn't been heard from for a few weeks...

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Oh I am not blaming Canada, if Canada were only south of the US, I would have defected long ago

I am in Michigan though, so I need someplace warmer, NOT colder
Go to Mexico; they have better wireless plans, anyway.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Also, it's vacation season... For instance, Mr. T. Rat hasn't been heard from for a few weeks...
And has a full PM inbox...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I tried to message qgil privately about this, but couldn't, so here's my response.

I'm flattered to be mentioned in this group and don't deserve to be. However, I'd be glad to come. I don't have ANY money, sorry about that. If I can apply for sponsorship, I'd be glad to do it.

My expertise is supposedly in customer service. I don't feel like an expert, but I did a lot of work in that area for Quarterdeck, a company some of you may have heard of, which was eventually swallowed by Symantec. I could try to come up with some new ideas on the easy-to-misuse topic of users. I can't think of any other way I could contribute or I would suggest it.

If anyone has questions or feedback for me that should be private, feel free to PM me.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
...Quarterdeck, a company some of you may have heard of, which was eventually swallowed by Symantec. ....
Quarterdeck was my 1st multitasking environment. Symantec was not even born, or I have NOT heard of at that time. Quarterdeck was my hero, so does people assoc with Quarterdeck, like geneven.

bun

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Just for fun, I looked it up, Vancouver to Berlin = 7989 km, or 4964 miles.

Anybody coming from farther away?

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
This SIZE=6 keeps me wondering...

How many key contributors are still missing the fact that we want then in the Maemo Summit and we even can help them landing and sleeping in Berlin.

Like John Costigan aka gnuite aka the Mapper brain. Is it suspicious or not that he hasn't said anything. Can you please help poking the right guys? Think of it: all the beauties they can discuss and hack when sharing the same roof some days...
Yeah, sorry for being suspicious. I'm in the middle of a cross-country road trip at the moment, and I'm lucky to have any internet access at all! I've been missing out on all the latest and greatest ITT posts.

In any case, I sent my registration in with request for sponsorship. (Thanks to Benson for poking my ITT message box.) And I've been approved. So I'll see you guys at the Maemo Summit. (And hopefully also at OSiM World?)

Last edited by gnuite; 2008-07-16 at 16:04. Reason: Tied in with qgil's post; updated to mention approval and OSiM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gnuite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
OK, I received that PM reminder from Benson, and my only question is: Why?

Why wasn't my name taken off that list the moment it popped up? Why does anyone think I could bring a useful contribution? I don't program, I don't port, I don't blog, I frankly don't even know how I got all these thanks.

So unless you really -- and I mean really -- need someone on that summit to continually b*tch about Nokia and what they did wrong with the Itablet platform, or someone to ask incessant questions on when we're going to get true HWR on the N800, I'm gonna pass...

Tags
maemo.org