Active Topics

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma

Took this the other day outside my house in Oklahoma.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by col37400 View Post
Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words: Bovril.

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

Originally Posted by dqm View Post
The full size is here, I deliberately distorted the panorama so bear that in mind, I like this app a lot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dqmarkh...7625027974404/
Two things I notice are the streeeeeeetch limo
(an SUV that began moving during the photo ?)
and a mysterious beam of light shining up diagonally at a building.

Beautiful image

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
so what's the best program to use to retouch and/or recolor the photos on the n900....

what's killing me about this threat is the amazing quality of these shots... i never have this kind of quality however i am just using the basic camera and no apps to shoot. and here's the kicker..... im a professional photog!!!! H E L P !!!!!!!! I WANNA SHOOT WITH MY N900

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by ddiscodave View Post
so what's the best program to use to retouch and/or recolor the photos on the n900....

what's killing me about this threat is the amazing quality of these shots... i never have this kind of quality however i am just using the basic camera and no apps to shoot. and here's the kicker..... im a professional photog!!!! H E L P !!!!!!!! I WANNA SHOOT WITH MY N900
I shoot it with my N900 standard app too. You don't need to retouch anything, as long you get the lighting correctly when taking it. You are a professional in photography then you should know how to make use of the lighting I'm just an immature and I didn't need to touch up my photos taken with the N900 and it all came out great.

Just remember play with the setting and you'll find the best one.

I took this picture while traveling ,,,it was a river bank.....
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rocky272727 For This Useful Post:
guys how u take these great with nokia n900 i have nokia n900 but when ever i take pic its very poor not so clear like urs??? is there any setting in camera

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by NOMIOMI View Post
guys how u take these great with nokia n900 i have nokia n900 but when ever i take pic its very poor not so clear like urs??? is there any setting in camera
Well, don't think you were talking about mine, as I only shared one and it was the first at that which I really liked, but I used a program called blessn900, which is quite different from the standard cam-app.

Originally Posted by NOMIOMI View Post
Taking clear photos with the default camera application (this applies to most digital compacts too):

Half-press the button, and hold while it autofocuses. Check the screen, and try again if it's autofocused on the wrong object. Then be sure to hold the N900 very, very still while you press the button the rest of the way.

If you're trying to take very close up photographs, you can use the camera app's macro mode, but I find it kind of hard to get that to focus well on some subjects. I use FCamera, with manual focus set to 5cm, then move the N900 towards or away from the subject until it appears sharp. The photo will have substantially higher resolution than the screen can show, so my advice would be to ensure that it is positioned as close as possible to the middle of the area in which it appears sharp.

The above is how I took 631. (I'm not claiming it's "great", but, though I say so myself, I think it is definitely "clear".)

Unfortunely, it is rather harder to take clear photos in low-light conditions. There are several problems:
It's harder for the autofocus to see your subject, and so it's more likely to make a mistake. This can be avoided by using manual focus.
The longer exposure means it's much easier to blur the shot by moving the N900 during the shot, which can be helped by bracing it against a fixed object or by using FCamera's burst mode to get a "lucky shot".
Most annoyingly, the camera's CCD is not too good at low-light conditions, and adds noise to the photo. I don't use BlessN900 much myself, but I believe it has ways of dealing with that. Maybe a Bless user could explain.

Last edited by BCMM; 2011-01-27 at 11:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BCMM For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ddiscodave View Post
I've never used a professional's sort of camera, but might you be more at home with more manual controls? Have a look at FCamera.

As for retouching, I much prefer to do it on a desktop with the benefit of a larger screen. There is, however, an application called Ansel-A which is supposed to be for that sort of thing, and it is even possible to install GIMP through Easy Debian.

Tags
camera, fremantle, gallery, image, maemo, maemo 5, n900, photo, photograph, photography, picture, show and tell