Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I think it would be best to go into app manager, uninstall advanced power and advanced power monitor, (and Advanced Interface Switcher if you have it - I think you don't have to do this one, because you just deleted apmonitord stuff, but you can if you want to be safe) and reinstall them.

That will definitiely restore your apmonitord files.

However, if you're sure you want to try to restore JUST your /etc/event.d/apmonitord , and you don't think you deleted anything else, I'll attach that file. (Though if you deleted all of apmonitord, then you have other files missing, and it's better to reinstall from app manager.)

Just unzip and stick in /etc/event.d/ (you'll need to be root)
apmonitord.zip

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I think it would be best to go into app manager, uninstall advanced power and advanced power monitor, (and Advanced Interface Switcher if you have it - I think you don't have to do this one, because you just deleted apmonitord stuff, but you can if you want to be safe) and reinstall them.

That will definitiely restore your apmonitord files.

However, if you're sure you want to try to restore JUST your /etc/event.d/apmonitord , and you don't think you deleted anything else, I'll attach that file. (Though if you deleted all of apmonitord, then you have other files missing, and it's better to reinstall from app manager.)

Just unzip and stick in /etc/event.d/ (you'll need to be root)
Attachment 15984
Thanks , actually i tried to uninstall the a-p-monitor it said i can't , i uninstalled ap monitor (the one that sticks to the menu) the battery icon just disappeared , i rebooted and everything works fine now

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
Not sure if this helps anyone, but I loved apm, but seems something was breaking it.

Off late my n900 was giving horrible net connection so I just flashed it and reinstalled the pr1.3.

On top of it, I installed tons of other stuff including apm, advance interface and they all wrong without any issues.

I am not sure where the problem is, but seems flashing solves the problem, and I am sure not every one would like to do that.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bulacan, Philippines
Does this drain the CPU battery?

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
I can translate it to portuguese (PT-PT, not brazillian), if you want.

EDIT: Translated it, file attached. I only did the msgid's, because i wasn't sure about those first lines (Team, revision, etc)
Attached Files
File Type: txt advanced-powerPT-PT.po.txt (1.1 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by RiD; 2011-01-01 at 18:37.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Back in the game ) Got a new n900 )))

For those having problems with fresh install on PR1.3: somehow new firmware fails to install advanced-power-common correctly, all you need is to reinstall advanced-power-common.

As I've read some "interesting" comments about apm, could anybody confirm that xorg bug still presents and name the version of apm.

welcome back .... I can not wait to discover the new version

The Following User Says Thank You to iscio For This Useful Post:
is there any new release? is it more corrected now?

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
minor bugfixes for APM released. Now new features for AP are ready.

what type of new features?

Tags
applet, battery, python, statusbar