Active Topics

Poll: Did PR 1.3 meet YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS???
Poll Options
Did PR 1.3 meet YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS???

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Also.. really? You get "Holy *****? How did you do that?" I mean.. I've seen the N900.. you must be showing off to flip-phone owners.
I sure do. And I'm surrounded in both Android and iPhone owners.

That's not to say they don't like to show their phones off to me sometimes too. But.. I suppose that's the difference between me and them and this forum. Give and take isn't actually "bad".

Having an FM transmitter to stream Pandora through clearer than the majority of after-market devices with a larger range of frequencies impresses several people. The ability to play videos in quality and formats that other phones balk at impresses people. The ability to have skype completely integrated into my contacts gets attention. The ability to quickly switch between several apps when we are debugging problems at work impresses. Using the flash as a flashlight is still brighter than any screen yet.

Many, many, little **** that I do day by day that the people I hang out with go "that's cool." Then my Android buddy pulls up full 3D WoW Armory on his phone to show off his character that I have no hope for (The armory requires Flash 10).

So yeah.. living in a world where there's actually room for differences must seem totally weird to most people on here.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Seriously it's like a kid who asks for X for Christmas and their parents telling them it's not going happen. And then the kids complain when they don't receive X at Christmas.
I understand where you're coming from with that point, but I read the situation a little differently on this one.

I just don't think it is good enough to have said it's not going to happen in the first place, and firmly believe in vocally trying to change Nokia's mind on this sort of issue.

The N95 is a prime example of a phone which, through user pressure and complaints (also from networks) was updated to include features like demand-paging, accelerometer rotation etc. This was also stuff which they said was never coming and yet they caved in and did it, and in doing so did the right thing by their customers... the phone just wasn't properly finished without some of those features and fixes.

Last edited by stopgap; 2010-10-27 at 01:50. Reason: typos

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Yes, the kids usually shell out $500 for Christmas, then they complain they didn't receive X.

When Nokia was pushing the N900, I don't remember them saying WARNING: We are making a big deal about how we support Flash now, but that doesn't imply we will support the .1 update to Flash when it comes.
I never said they can't complain (though I wish they would do it more constructively). I'm saying (if you would re-read my post) that it's rather stupid to complain that what you were expecting didn't come when they told you not to expect it.

By all means push Nokia to do it. Heck I'd be more then happy to join in on that push. But complaining that an update didn't contain X feature when they said X feature wasn't going happen seems pointless. Hence my analogy to kids at Christmas.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
just out of interest... who gets to choose the tags for any given thread on this forum?

Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
just out of interest... who gets to choose the tags for any given thread on this forum?
Anyone with more than a handful of posts, I believe. The bar isn't high.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Is this right? About navigation and video call? Can someone tell me???

Originally Posted by AMLJ View Post
Is this right? About navigation and video call? Can someone tell me???
No voice navigation in Ovi Maps. No video calls over 3G (this means you can't do 3G video phone calls). This is not the same thing as video calls as Skype and GChat (which has been working since PR 1.2)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
Everyone has their own opinions, there is no need to go around insulting people here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txh For This Useful Post:
Flash tweaker update due possibly tomorrow.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...255#post843255
details here

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Does PR 1.2 support video calls over 3G?

Tags
fanbois cry, harsh reality, head splitting, noob noise, qt and bugfixes, rraaggee!!!, shitter thread, waaaaahhh