Active Topics

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Space Pirate Ship
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
wow 5mp camera can do 720p video recording? 1Ghz cortex A8? but 256MB RAM!!! woot!! all those power came with low RAM lol.
It was confirmed by GSMArena that the Samsung Galaxy S will have 512MBs of ram.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
I bought a sim free Desire last week, it really is a very good phone in so many ways already mentioned here.

I'll be keeping my N900 for now and I'll use it alongside the htc for its strengths and what the Desire cannot do, but I doubt it will be getting over used though.

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
I got the desire and i tell you i have never been so frustrated with a phone, getting contacts from n900 was annoying, had to load it to google account (which took forever to make)
I had no problems at all transferring my contacts. I just exported them all in vcard 2.1 format to a folder and transferred that to the Desire sdcard and loaded them up no probs.

You know, I have used nothing but Nokia for so many years, alot of phones and three NIT's, most of the time not even caring that we are usually being used as beta testers.

But recently, well why go on....

I am still fond of my N900 and I'll spend a bit of time and money sprucing it up with some new parts as its got a bit worn out.

But for now I am liking the Desire a lot.

Last edited by torsen; 2010-06-03 at 20:00.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by torsen View Post
I'll be keeping my N900 for now and I'll use it alongside the htc for its strengths and what the Desire cannot do, but I doubt it will be getting over used though.
Just curious about what functions you still use your N900 for? I have had my Desire for just under 2 weeks now and am really enjoying it.

Pretty much the only thing that I miss about the N900 is the hardware keyboard but I am getting faster with the onscreen keyboard each day.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Magel282 View Post
Pretty much the only thing that I miss about the N900 is the hardware keyboard but I am getting faster with the onscreen keyboard each day.
Same here.

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Same here.
Does this mean that you are not developing autodisconnect anymore?

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Same here.
Which on screen keyboard layout do you use? I am using the standard Phone Keypad for portrait mode. I am starting to use the landscape QWERTY more and more now though. I can race through messages and the auto correct thingy is great!

Originally Posted by Magel282 View Post
Just curious about what functions you still use your N900 for? I have had my Desire for just under 2 weeks now and am really enjoying it.

FM transmitter mainly as I drive a 200 mile round trip daily to and from work. annoying thing is that the desire apparently has the fm transmitter hardware but it not enabled..yet.

Other than that I miss the 32gb onboard storage of the N900, but the desire is for me doing everything I need it to, and a lot faster than my overclocked N900 could ever do.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Midlands UK
I have to admit if i had money to burn i would get myself the desire.But i dont think i could get rid of my 900 as the fm transmittet is what i love the most.But you say that the desire is rumoured to have the hardware inside?.Sounds promising.The problem is wanting features that are shared between 2 different handsets lol.

Originally Posted by stigslim View Post
I have to admit if i had money to burn i would get myself the desire.But i dont think i could get rid of my 900 as the fm transmittet is what i love the most.But you say that the desire is rumoured to have the hardware inside?.Sounds promising.The problem is wanting features that are shared between 2 different handsets lol.
Read about the FM Transmitter on the Android forums - Here

Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
Day and a half with normal use. Day with heavy use / calls text and email. Bit of browsing.
My usual day I call about 1,5 hour, send about 10 SMS, surf about 1-2 hour(s) and Im always online on ICQ and FB Chat..

My N900 lasts about 11 hours with this kind of stress. Do you believe Desire will hold for the same time?

And one more question, what about changing the battery in Desire, are you afraid of breaking something?

Thx!

Last edited by michalurban; 2010-06-10 at 11:21.