Active Topics

Richard Stallman

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Elop is doing a great job so far. He is going nowhere. The Nokia deadwood apologists need to get grips of the reality.
The "Nokia deadwood apologists" are the ones supporting him--they're the ones that PUT him there. So far, he's a proven loser--not doing a great job. That's evidence, so far.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
The "Nokia deadwood apologists" are the ones supporting him--they're the ones that PUT him there. So far, he's a proven loser--not doing a great job. That's evidence, so far.
you dont know what you are talking about. he is a much better leader than what Nokia had before.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Elop is doing a great job so far. He is going nowhere. The Nokia deadwood apologists need to get grips of the reality.
I personally say that Nokia deserves to get another European, instead of their current North American CEO.

If it fails, they'll get to blame Elop - but they've failed. If they succeed, they'll take all of the credit and they'll forget about Elop.

Just like Apple forgot about Gil Amelio. I'm apathetic either way.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
you dont know what you are talking about. he is a much better leader than what Nokia had before.
I have statistics and facts to back me up--you factually and demonstrably don't know what you are talking about. To date, Elop hasn't succeeded at anything good for Nokia.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
He is going nowhere.
You got that right.
Him and Nokia, apparently.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I personally say that Nokia deserves to get another European, instead of their current North American CEO.

If it fails, they'll get to blame Elop - but they've failed. If they succeed, they'll take all of the credit and they'll forget about Elop.

Just like Apple forgot about Gil Amelio. I'm apathetic either way.
Nokia is Finnish. As with all Nordic countries, a domestic leader is best due to cultural reasons and language. For an international nordic company like Nokia, a leader from UK or NA is OK, also because of cultural and linguistic reasons. A Canadian (english) leader feels right at home, and is accepted right away, not so easy for a spaniard or french dude.

What I'm saying is that I'm not so sure that Nokians fee they "deserve" a spanish or italian leader, but they are happy with one from UK or Canada, even a US leader could work.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I have statistics and facts to back me up--you factually and demonstrably don't know what you are talking about. To date, Elop hasn't succeeded at anything good for Nokia.
You enjoy being a clown don't you? Elop was hired to do one thing, get a good contract with Microsoft and start selling WP phones.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
You enjoy being a clown don't you? Elop was hired to do one thing, get a good contract with Microsoft and start selling WP phones.
Yes but the problem is nobody wants a WP phone, they want Maemo .

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
You need to seriously go see a doctor mate, really !.

Tags
bada rox, bigbadtroll!, ceo firing, fooled again, pissing contest