Notices

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
what does the app do

Did you read the OP?

It's a Pandora Radio client front-end.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-07 at 07:54.

And we're in testing!!! Please, go vote. It would be awesome to get a complete Pandora solution into Extras.

Don't forget to also vote for pianobar!!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-14 at 20:41.

I think its great that you put together a front end for pianobar - but I'm questioning if it makes sense for this to be a separate app than the media player. Does it make sense to integrate this into the default media player?

Originally Posted by mfutao View Post
I think its great that you put together a front end for pianobar - but I'm questioning if it makes sense for this to be a separate app that the media player. Does it make sense to integrate this into the default media player?
If I knew how to integrate I would try. I don't think the default media player is open source though... I believe there was a chris guy that was talking this same thing.

He wanted a universal interface to last.fm, pandora, etc.. but I believe the closedness of the app was a problem.

ETA: Here it is..

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-08 at 22:19.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I'm not sure.. what happens if you try to install python2.5-qt4-gui directly?
Sorry for the additional install question, I'm getting an app missing error "python2.5-qt4-core (=4.7-maemo2)"

So after your earlier tutorial in this thread on trying to install/update in xterm, I tried installing in xterm (sudo gainroot, then apt-get install python2.5-qt4-core) and receive this: is already the newest version and installed.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking you have some older versions of python mixed with some newer ones maybe?

If you have both Testing and Devel installed there is a discrepancy in PyQt4 versions.. in Testing is maemo2, is devel is maemo5.

I would disable one.. do an update to refresh the repository list, upgrade packages if needed and try again.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
That took care of it, dropped testing, picked up devel and we were set. Thanks!

Fatal latest pianobar version doubles up the app and has a bunch of stuff in /usr/local. Any chance we can get the old one back?
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

This latest version is DOA for me anyways... It loads but i get no stations listed in the pull down menu.... So, nothing plays, bc it shows that i have no stations...