Notices

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by azy141 View Post
i get this one issue.
i can get this to work however it only works once. when i get the lock screen up after using the script it works but then after i unlock and put the lock screen up again its back to my old one? is this meant to be like that or permanent?
Any help?

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
What theme are you using? I'll try to help, thou i don't know what steps should be taken, in order to solve your problem.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ United Kingdom
im using the windows 7 theme. thanks for try anyway lol

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by rjneid View Post
ok heres the thing now, seems it is missing some files can't find bg1, bg2 and lockslider, however what should i edit if i only want to use one wallpaper (a wallpaper that never change even if the temp. is high or low) ... thanks
Since you say bg1/bg2, I assume you are using my script? Bg1 and bg2 are temporary files created during the image overlay process, and are cleaned up at the end to not take up space.

To use only one image, the simple way is to replace space.png with your desired png, and set the temperatures to select summer/winter to something very high or low respectively. For example: Set summer to 300 and winter to -300. Then it will always choose the last default (space.png) which you can make any image you want.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eefo View Post
means you cant unlock your cell phone ?
it happened with me too :P

if this is the case , the thing you have to do is to keep on unlocking by the slider and try to go in the qbw settings by clicking on the desktop again and again .
and then into edit cmd and the press delete .
once you,ve deleted your screen will be unlocked .
and if you again wanted to use it make a new beecon and select the lock one again but this time before pressing the save button scroll down to update policy thingy and choose no for all and yes only for click .
this will make your widget to work as a lock button.

no it is not my problem ... I want to make a button or widjet has placed on any desk that would refer directly to that image.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Ok.. So I was wondering why this was taking so long to make the screen, and after looking at the code run a few times, I found it was mainly the file interaction of saving several temporary files to merge.

The thing is, ImageMagick doesn't need to do that, it can merge all the images together in one shot as layers. In fact, it can rescale, overlay and draw text right on the temporary in-memory image. I changed the script to make all the conversions happen in one convert command, and the speed and CPU use is hugely affected. It's much faster now and uses less CPU.

I also changed the return codes to better show what's happening in QBW. If it works, it's green (0), if it doesn't update because it's offline it's light red (2), it if dosn't update because it's not on wifi it's yellow (1), and for other failures it's dark red (-#). This makes it work much nicer with a desktop widget that can auto-run it at regular intervals.

Attached is the new script. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: gz weather.tar.gz (1.6 KB, 91 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Thanks, Woody14619, I am actually using your script right now!

how do i install this script? please

follow the steps at the first post

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Ok.. So I was wondering why this was taking so long to make the screen, and after looking at the code run a few times, I found it was mainly the file interaction of saving several temporary files to merge.

The thing is, ImageMagick doesn't need to do that, it can merge all the images together in one shot as layers. In fact, it can rescale, overlay and draw text right on the temporary in-memory image. I changed the script to make all the conversions happen in one convert command, and the speed and CPU use is hugely affected. It's much faster now and uses less CPU.

I also changed the return codes to better show what's happening in QBW. If it works, it's green (0), if it doesn't update because it's offline it's light red (2), it if dosn't update because it's not on wifi it's yellow (1), and for other failures it's dark red (-#). This makes it work much nicer with a desktop widget that can auto-run it at regular intervals.

Attached is the new script. Enjoy!
I can not put your script in place?