Posts: 1,717 | Thanked: 4,763 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Just to be sure: which versions of gstreamer and libwildmidi0 should I have and do I need to have ffmpeg and use the script given by freemangordon which was referred to on a post above?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-09-01 at 20:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Still trying to find out why it says on playback "No connection to server" even though transfer works now. I have made sure I have taken from the threads:

Patched qt4-network 12 with a right qt4-core
Patched open ssl 1.0.1
Right libsoup2.4
qyoutube0.1.9-2 (thanks for trying helping me)
updated certs

I have also followed instructions for p720 quality videos and cutetube2 has them now as an option and I downloaded one but the playback first did nothing and after I downloaded extra-codecs support for mediaplayer mediaplayer said "unsupported format".

I haven't used the ffmpeg script I noticed above cause I don't know how to use it or where to put it. Could that be the reason?

I also tried copying cutetube1 .conf to cutetube2 cause cutetube2 conf is empty. Still hoping if someone could share his conf so I could check if that would help (even though transfer works with .conf empty).

I also noticed that cuteTube2 has a file cuteTube2.db which has in it "SQLite format 3". Can that have something to do connecting to server on playback and if so what should I do?

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 2,515 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
With the attached .deb installed, cutetube plays every clip I tried. According to sixwheeledbeast, downloads work as well. Choose .deb based on cssu your device is on (stable covers both -stable and -testing)
Thanks for you work.
Could you upload your patch or the source code please.
I would like to find out why it is not working with qt cssu15.

Edit: found your source code.

Last edited by Halftux; 2019-09-02 at 10:30.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Still trying to find out why it says on playback "No connection to server" even though transfer works now. I have made sure I have taken from the threads:

Patched qt4-network 12 with a right qt4-core
Patched open ssl 1.0.1
Right libsoup2.4
qyoutube0.1.9-2 (thanks for trying helping me)
updated certs

I have also followed instructions for p720 quality videos and cutetube2 has them now as an option and I downloaded one but the playback first did nothing and after I downloaded extra-codecs support for mediaplayer mediaplayer said "unsupported format".

I haven't used the ffmpeg script I noticed above cause I don't know how to use it or where to put it. Could that be the reason?

I also tried copying cutetube1 .conf to cutetube2 cause cutetube2 conf is empty. Still hoping if someone could share his conf so I could check if that would help (even though transfer works with .conf empty).

I also noticed that cuteTube2 has a file cuteTube2.db which has in it "SQLite format 3". Can that have something to do connecting to server on playback and if so what should I do?
I do not have qt4-networking installed and do not have a specific cutetube2 conf file and yet it is working fine for me...
Maemish, I shall look for what is installed for me and share the configurations - in the evening I hope I will have time for this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Thanks! I don't know if there should be some configuration done (undone) for network/ports/etc. which I don't understand. Just can't figure out this. The problem may be very very stupid in the end. I was adviced to start the cutetube with extended verbose. I don't know how to do even that. The script given did not do anything and I just don't know how (flushed from top to bottom from embarrasment). I tried to find instructions to it but could not find. Tried normal cutetube2 and cuteTube2 in terminal with and without root priviledges, have went to different subfolders where there is cuteTube2 and tried there but nothing happens. I'm missing badly the basic knowledge.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Thanks! I don't know if there should be some configuration done (undone) for network/ports/etc. which I don't understand. Just can't figure out this. The problem may be very very stupid in the end. I was adviced to start the cutetube with extended verbose. I don't know how to do even that. The script given did not do anything and I just don't know how (flushed from top to bottom from embarrasment). I tried to find instructions to it but could not find. Tried normal cutetube2 and cuteTube2 in terminal with and without root priviledges, have went to different subfolders where there is cuteTube2 and tried there but nothing happens. I'm missing badly the basic knowledge.
I think you do not miss any basic knowledge you just simply overdoing some things... OK, that was only a joke.
I didn't do any special configuration (port, ipv4-6 or anything) only installed cutetube2, openssl, libssl, libsoup and qyoutube... But that was long time ago and since n900 is not my main phone anymore (or for now...) I have to dig myself into this...

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
I tried this script but it did not found cutetube2 or cuteTube2. Thats why I went to the folder to try and still can't find. Must be doing something wrong here too.

/opt # cd cutetube2
/opt/cutetube2 # ls
bin plugins
/opt/cutetube2 # cd bin
/opt/cutetube2/bin # ls
cutetube2
/opt/cutetube2/bin # opt/cutetube2/bin/cutetube2 -v 5 > /home/user/MyDocs/yt-output.txt
/bin/sh: opt/cutetube2/bin/cutetube2: not found
/opt/cutetube2/bin #

Missed the '/' from the beginning... Or simply cd to /opt/cutetube2/bin and then run ./cutetube2 -v 5 > /home/user/MyDocs/yt-output.txt

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Stupidity is in me.

And something wrong with my device configuration.

Unsupported date format character at 1 (%-d.%-m.)
Maemo applications must be run with the run-standalone.sh script!
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

Edit: Sorry. Messing around bad. Gonna put another soon.

Edit more: Tried to purge uninstall cutetube2.

After this operation, 3203kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 22700 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing cutetube2 ...
sh: getcwd: No such file or directory
(unknown) #
sh: getcwd: No such file or directory
(unknown) #

Why it says unknown in root?

Edit: After removing cutetube2 + .conf files I made autoremove. And boy it removed a lot! Possible not a good thing. But when I re-installed it could not before I dpkg --configure qdaily and qvimeo and cutetube2. It said something like that in /usr/lib/ there was already .so files. I tried to see them if I should remove those too when removing cutetube2 but the list is so long in /usr/lib/ that xterm wont show the beginning of the list. Never figured out how to see the whole directory/output if it is too long. But --configure gave no errors and after I again dpkg -i the qt-core and qt-network and qyoutube I managed to open cutetube (it crashed on launch before those installed),

Then I tried again that script from above but same problem. Wrong Gtk theme and the script opens to very odd/bad looking gray cutetube with no other options seen than the top bar. But if I open cutetube it is normal.

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-09-02 at 16:03.

Oh man... I'm afraid you messed things up... I don't understand why getcwd is mentioned... And why it is not there...
'unknown' issue is happening when you are in a directory that has been removed. Example (just an example, do not do this!): cd ~/MyDocs/.images/something then you do rm -rf ~/MyDocs/.images/something/ after the operation the command prompt will say 'unknown'. (Please correct me if that isn't the case)

This could have happend if you were in /opt/cutetube2/bin for example then you performed the purge removal of cutetube2...

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post: