Hi, i have done everything removed all apps but there was no ota update that came up. Upon searching i found this somewhere if anyone can tell how to do this:

For those of you who prefer to keep your all your personal changes intact, there’s a way to OTA the packages and install. It consists of changing your SSU (Seamless Software Update) repositories to point to UK locations. Do to this, simply open up /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list and change “mr0” to “203” in the second line and refresh your catalogs. If you don’t see an update icon, you CAN apt-get dist-upgrade to grab all the new packages. This will ignore the metapackage, and you’ll have to do this come the next release.

Thanks

P.S i dont want to flash

The Following User Says Thank You to ahsan366 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
cmon guys please any help??

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
Hi guys

I have flashed my N900 using NSU.

Everything works fine except one small "bug".

I am trying to send SMS to my contact called let's say "John Smith" and let's assume that I have only one John and one Smith in my contacts.
I am entering into "To" field either "John" or "Smith" or "John " (John and space), pressing "Send" and SMS is sent without any problems.
But when I enter the full name ("John Smith" or "Smith John") or part of the full name ("John S" or "Smith Jo") my phone says that such contact does not exist in my contacts and SMS cannot be sent.

I even tried to create completely new contact - "Aaa Bbb" - and still have the same problem. When I use separately just name or just first name - SMS is sent, when I try to use name and part of the first name or full name (with space between name and first name) - I cannot send SMS.

Do you have any idea how to fix it?
Could you please check if you have similar problem?

regards
Rafal

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
....Have been trying NSU since 5/25 while in airports or hotels. Always got the message " dl interrupted .... could be server problems etc.", tried again 5/27, 5/28, 5/29, 5/30 same results.

Tried to avoid flash if I can...

Free up rootfs, now is 52 MB, still dont see OTA upgrade message....

Nokia tried very hard to make sure it is hard to get

Any help appreciated.

bun

PR 1.2 degrades the performance, stability and batterylife at least on my device. Not cool.

The Following User Says Thank You to bro3886 For This Useful Post:
bro3886,
did u flash it?

Lost my FM radio receiver button after flashing to PR1.2.

Anyone got a clue how to bring that back?

Overclocking after PR1.2

What is the best method today to overclock the N900?

I had it running on 900Mhz for a month, and that functioned fine.

But the overclock had gone after the update.

What choices do I have today ? (since there seem to be several 'solutions').

Thanks in advance for your help.

Getting quite bad video recording stutter after this update

So there still realy is no other way for update but flashing when OTA and NSU dont work? Or can anyone help me getting it to work?