Notices

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I know there is already a port of DN3D avaiable, but i would like to be able to play it with the enhancements JonoF made (OpenGL rendering, 3d models replacements for the original sprites, higher resolution true color textures etc)

http://www.jonof.id.au/jfduke3d

I know it will involve adapting to OGLES etc, no need to point that out to me

Please incorporate accelerometers, touch screen, proximity sensors etc as configurable inputs (dead zone for the accells please), and also please try to make it compatible with multiplayer on other platforms (both (W)LAN and Internet if possible).

Regarding the touchscreen, among the options for control, please consider this mode: when you touch nothing happens, but as you drag to one or the other side the further from wher eyou initially touched the bigger the input value (so it works kinda like a thumbstick, the further you push the bigger the input); also please consider allowing the pitch (from the accells) to, optionally, be used to control ingame pitch mapping 1:1 (or any other sensitivity, but absolute, not relative), of course all this would be just options, no hardcoded controls please.

Would you like some fries with that?

The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem, duke nukem 3d, dukenukem, dukenukem3d, jonof's port