Originally Posted by volt View Post
Multitouch has licencing/patent issues. Consider Droid vs Milestone.
Well it seems like everyone is ignoring those patents or not caring about them, the droid will be getting multi touch with the next update, and nexus one already has multi touch enabled.

Not to mention the sprint evo 4g will also have multi touch.

Is multi-touch really that important? i never understood the fascination with it. Out side of video games. anyone care to share any light on this? I figure it takes the same amount of time and prob more hand eye coordination to pinch a screen than it does to click a rocker key or spiral just one finger to make a web site zoom in and out. so why all the fuss? Considering the size of cell phones and the size of a mans finger it seems like an awful lot of wasted real estate space on the screen to have to interact with two fingers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
Is multi-touch really that important? i never understood the fascination with it. Out side of video games. anyone care to share any light on this? I figure it takes the same amount of time and prob more hand eye coordination to pinch a screen than it does to click a rocker key or spiral just one finger to make a web site zoom in and out. so why all the fuss? Considering the size of cell phones and the size of a mans finger it seems like an awful lot of wasted real estate space on the screen to have to interact with two fingers.
From what I understand (I have a n900 so I don't really care about these things ) it's most useful with virtual keyboards since you don't have to lift your previous finger off the key completely before pressing the next one. I believe this means you can type a lot quicker.

BTW, my wife will be getting an X10 on Thursday on T-mobile UK so I'll have a play and add my opinion to the thread as well

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
From what I understand (I have a n900 so I don't really care about these things ) it's most useful with virtual keyboards since you don't have to lift your previous finger off the key completely before pressing the next one. I believe this means you can type a lot quicker.

BTW, my wife will be getting an X10 on Thursday on T-mobile UK so I'll have a play and add my opinion to the thread as well
Cool, let us know if its running android 1.6 or 2.0. Where did she order from?

Also, I agree that pinch zoom really isnt a big deal in the browser, but helps with the keyboard and other apps and games. Look at all the apps and games on the iphone that use multiouch, its a lot more than just pinch-to-zoom, and developers are really taking advantage of it (at least on the iphone)

Originally Posted by andraeseus1
Is multi-touch really that important? i never understood the fascination with it. Out side of video games. anyone care to share any light on this?
Multitouch is vital with music apps as it enables you to play chords.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT8ei5wi5B8

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/art...creation-apps/

In some editing apps, multitouch allows you to scale and rotate simultaneously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7220x2uIv54

It's also nice with pinball games as you can press both flippers at the same time.

Last edited by Hintry; 2010-03-30 at 16:31.

So did you get it?

how is it?

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Originally Posted by bxbomber View Post
So did you get it?

how is it?
seems to have been delayed...I just checked the tracking and Its at my local fedex station right now, ill have it tomorrow by 12 noon...cant wait lol

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by bxbomber View Post
How can you not love this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH3JAp7vMuo
This may be more relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ CT, USA
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
This may be more relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8
This is off topic but my wife and I saw the production of Jekyll and Hyde a number of years ago. Sebastian Bach played the lead and actually performed phenomenally, especially being his last performance. David Hasselhoff was to take over the lead role beginning the following week. We both cracked up in relief that we didn't waste our time on that (the reviews were not flattering).

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by chowdahhead View Post
This is off topic but my wife and I saw the production of Jekyll and Hyde a number of years ago. Sebastian Bach played the lead and actually performed phenomenally, especially being his last performance. David Hasselhoff was to take over the lead role beginning the following week. We both cracked up in relief that we didn't waste our time on that (the reviews were not flattering).
His artistic direction is rather misguided, to put it mildly

ok, no more OOT from me...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!