Active Topics

Originally Posted by rachid View Post
Finally i got my adapter today. Now i am a little bit confused. How do i cut the USB part?
It doesn't look easy as i first thought
Anybody a hint how cut it?
rachid
Rachid

This is not what I do, this is from other post in other threads. My card is already completed, you just need the flash the SDHC support and go. http://www.remotefactory.com/n770memory.html

The price will be reduced on this product this week since I am now able to get lower cost Sandisk 8GB Micro SDHC cards.

hi,
ok. i already ordered and open the 3 in 1 adapter... everything is fine

Hi,

Just to let people know that I got one of craves1's 8GB memory cards a while ago (then went skiing and got injured), and have tested it quite a lot using fanoush's SDHC kernel (the one named
kernel-sdhc-48MHz-3.2006.49.tar.gz from here: http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#sdhc).

Thanks for your work, Craves1 (and fanoush, as usual). It's great to have a decent-sized music library to use with Canola, and at relatively low cost.

I haven't encountered any problems with it... top job!

Originally Posted by critical View Post
Hi,

I haven't encountered any problems with it... top job!
What is the write speed of these cards?

These cards are made using the Sandisk 8GB Micro SDHC card. I did not test the write speed in the 770. If there is a program to test the speed and you still want to know just send me a post and testing direction and I will make the test. The main focus was to increase the size of the flash memory available to the N770.

craves1

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
Can you ship the card to Thailand using an AMEX card for payment?

Thaibill

Originally Posted by craves1 View Post
Rachid

This is not what I do, this is from other post in other threads. My card is already completed, you just need the flash the SDHC support and go. http://www.remotefactory.com/n770memory.html

The price will be reduced on this product this week since I am now able to get lower cost Sandisk 8GB Micro SDHC cards.
Something is not going right for me.

Code:
Now type: tar zxvf kernel flasher.tgz The line should look like this

~ /MyDocs $ tar zxvf kernel_flasher.tgz
No such file or directory.

Did we tell the 770 to install tar for xterm-osso anywhere, or did I miss a step?

Is it as easy to simply drop to the xp Box and reflash the 770 from the Nokia Upgrade tool?

(I could go out and get flasher 3.0, but wanted to answer for others who are not familiar with Debian command lines in Linux)

BoreDoomm

Sorry I did not go on the computer this weekend. Did you purchase on of my Memory Chips?

Any way try typing this tar zxvf kernel_flasher.gz

Look at the file using file manager. Sometime it has the extension of tgz and sometimes just gz.
type the file name exactly as it appears in file manager, use lower and any upper case letters that you see.

This should be only done using XTERM there is no need to use any other flashers for the tablet.
aiso make sure becomeroot is installed

Originally Posted by craves1 View Post
BoreDoomm

Sorry I did not go on the computer this weekend. Did you purchase on of my Memory Chips?

Any way try typing this tar zxvf kernel_flasher.gz

Look at the file using file manager. Sometime it has the extension of tgz and sometimes just gz.
type the file name exactly as it appears in file manager, use lower and any upper case letters that you see.

This should be only done using XTERM there is no need to use any other flashers for the tablet.
aiso make sure becomeroot is installed

I live in California, yes I have one of your chips.
I installed ssh and will try from my desktop using gz

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by BoredOOMM View Post
Something is not going right for me.

Code:
Now type: tar zxvf kernel flasher.tgz The line should look like this

~ /MyDocs $ tar zxvf kernel_flasher.tgz
No such file or directory.

Did we tell the 770 to install tar for xterm-osso anywhere, or did I miss a step?

Is it as easy to simply drop to the xp Box and reflash the 770 from the Nokia Upgrade tool?

(I could go out and get flasher 3.0, but wanted to answer for others who are not familiar with Debian command lines in Linux)
As carves1 pointed out, you need to type exactly as the file name, and case matters. I always list out the file first for checking.

xterm
cd (to whatever directory you are)
ls
this will list the file, so one can just type in the file name correctly.

bun