Probably best if people post urls (of web pages to test and files to try running, etc.) otherwise I imagine it's a bit overwhelming for the very few testers we have to try to find things that they don't necessarily have any knowledge about.

Simon

Originally Posted by Roc Ingersol View Post
I said 'workaround', not 'solution'.

But I'll take clumsy claws and good video/flash performance over a great mail client and the n800s initial video/flash mess.
How do you find Claws Mail 'clumsy'?

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by claws View Post
How do you find Claws Mail 'clumsy'?
Well I don't, and I use it every day with large IMAP accounts. It's one of probably a dozen apps that I'll wait for before even considering flashing to OS2008.

If you're bored though, there is one thing that would be nice

When browsing folders and message lists in full screen mode, and then opening a message or composing a new one, it seems to create a new window that isn't full screen and then expands it full screen. If there was any way for that to be more fluid by just starting in full screen (like the browser does when creating a new window), I think it would feel quicker. Maybe not?

Please tell me there will be an OS2008 version!!

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
It is so big... it came already 122kB before it said "too many open files"... or something like that.

By the way, ITT forum takes only max 16kB txt-files anyway...
Hmm, that's very strange, it shouldn't say too many open files as find is not opening anything. Here is same thing on 2007-based N800
Code:
Nokia-N800-26:~$ find /sys/ >sys.txt
Nokia-N800-26:~$ ls -l sys.txt
-rw-r--r--    1 user     users       76113 Oct 22 08:16 sys.txt
Nokia-N800-26:~$
Can you try again and post exact error message? Also maybe osso-xterm on your device is by default in non-writable directory, can you run 'cd' before doing it or using full path like
Code:
 find /sys/ >/home/user/sys.txt
As for forum limit - you can zip it. Thanks.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.