Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
Well I guess no one has. Nice to be ignored though!
Not that anyone gave a crap and I just got ignored but I tested this today with a Lotus Traveler server but it does not work. It wont even connect to the server at all.

Maybe this will be helpful for someone else with a traveler server as no one else seems to give a crap to help! The "get help" part in the title of this thread should really be taken out! :P

Last edited by fredaroony; 2011-10-13 at 07:49.

Should consider having option to attach files directly from the client

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Odense S, Denmark
Sergey you keep mentioning an update for the N9? When wil it be available?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Most rumours (from folks w/"contacts") have been suggesting PR1.1 is very soon.
i.e. within the next few weeks....
One recently has even suggested when China's official launch begins.
Which last I checked was within the next wk...

They are still rumours though....

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
2. You CAN search emails in a folder Just hold your finger on the first email in a folder and search field wil appear on the top.
3. You mean set flags(importance etc.) on a message that you already get from server?
Wow. Thanks for the positive attitude and telling me something new.
I knew I didn't know everything about the client so this is great.

2. Thank you. I noticed that such "hidden" search field also exists in the Video Player! (of all places) So this is great.

3. Yes Correct. So if I get an email and I want to follow up or "flag" it myself as being important "to me", I would like to mark it with something. Maybe like a visible red flag or a red / pinkish background only to that email to emphasize it visually. (this would be cool actually) Then I can clear that flag/color later on.

Maybe even have an option to mark any emails with my name in the To or cc field to be shown as green or a color of my choice? (this exists in Outlook - Manage and I use it to ensure I don't miss emails which is sent specifically with my name in it and not part of some big distribution list.) This would be awesome.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
Sergey you keep mentioning an update for the N9? When wil it be available?
Sorry, I can't tell you when it will be released

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Should consider having option to attach files directly from the client
What do you mean? if you are talking about attaching files to email, then you can do it, just open an additional fields in the composer (a down arrow in a display center)

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
What do you mean? if you are talking about attaching files to email, then you can do it, just open an additional fields in the composer (a down arrow in a display center)
Oh my, so sorry! I am too used to symbian^1 control analogy of using options. HAHA

But I do wish that some feature are more obvious. like the drag to show search field for example. Would not find it if you hadnt said anything about it.

By the way, where is the official channel to have support such as this for Nokia N9 (other features)

I have tried to get MfE working but with no success. With the N900 it is working perfectly with the same settings.

I first installed the client certificate for HTTPS authentication, the same one that works with N900. Then I entered the account and server info to the MfE setup, but it just says that connection failed.
At no point does the system tell that it is trying to use the cert even if I set the notify option on in the certificate store.

Any ideas on how to proceed ? Any info would be appreciated...

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Zürich CH
MfE functions like expected and i like it.
The syncronisation works flawless with Exchange and Hotmail, even my multiple Calendars are shown.

The only function that i am missing (or i am not able to find) is the possibility to search and import contacts from the server adressbook.

If i activate the energiesaving mode periodical synchrnisation fails.
I was not able to find a way to configure the data connection in a way that it is opened and closed automaticly for syncronisation.

Thank you for the great device. Its a pleasure to use it.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950