Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by JensU View Post
the german (male only ) voice which works i've downloaded from here:
http://static.s2g.gate5.de/maploadervoice/german.zip
Replaced german.zip with estonian.zip and at last got also the voices to work. Mentioned, that the previous voice directory had *.lua files instead of *.xml - so that was probably the reason of previous failure.
Tested it in real driving and the results are a bit confusing. Some of the directions sounded in the right place but some were rather confusing or even wrong at all...
What could be the reason?
And many thanks for "hacking" to add greater value to the Ovi Maps application in Nokia N900

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Chesapeake, VA
Originally Posted by Killahgold View Post
I have a problem with maps. For some odd reason, it won't search the addresses that I enter. This used to happen before I found out that the OMServer had to be running. But, it is not search even when it is running. It keeps showing search is temporarily unavailable. The funny thing is if I save the address under and contact and open maps using a contact, it searches just fine. Is there something I'm missing? I have the latest power kernel (v47), if that helps. I have the latest index file from post 314. Thanks for the help in advance.
So I have been using this as I'm traveling this weekend. One thing I noticed. I was able to search locations on a wifi connection, but not a mobile connection. Is there something I'm missing? Should it search for both? Other than that, it seems to work for what it's worth. Thanks for all the hard work.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milano Italy
Hi I found that everything I switch off the mobile maps stop to talk and I have to do this command to restart voice : nohup ./speak_02.py >/dev/null &.

Any idea why ?
Thanks

Originally Posted by Killahgold View Post
I have a problem with maps. For some odd reason, it won't search the addresses that I enter. This used to happen before I found out that the OMServer had to be running. But, it is not search even when it is running. It keeps showing search is temporarily unavailable. The funny thing is if I save the address under and contact and open maps using a contact, it searches just fine. Is there something I'm missing? I have the latest power kernel (v47), if that helps. I have the latest index file from post 314. Thanks for the help in advance.
I get precisely the same thing when now using the updated instructions from the Wiki page for OMServer using post-314 index.html attachment. Put the original Nokia index.html file back and it works fine (but obviously loose improvements).

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
I know I've been quiet for some time now. I almost have a pc up and running again. Just gotta get a new motherboard, so hopefully next week some time. I have been reading the thread still, and will try to answer/help when I get up and running again.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
decided to get around to get this up and running, cos Sygic mobile maps has let me down once too often. Very impressed, really cool and neat hack.

Big thanks guys.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Ok for my first little hack since I'm back, I've added the option of selecting the OVMS server or the default Nokia server when Maps is started. This will allow people who want to have the extra features, but don't really need the POI searching, to have both. There is currently no way to change the setting without reopening Maps application, but it may be implemented in one day (as a menu option), but hopefully for now that shouldn't be too big of a problem for most

I shall get onto the other issues people had later today, just thought to release this first as it has come up a few times.
Attached Files
File Type: zip index.zip (223.1 KB, 2957 views)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Just seen this from another thread, a way to disable internet connections completely.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73188

You can stop/start the internet connection daemon, preventing network access at all. Would this work with Ovi Maps? If so, you could setup some QBC widgets to quickly do the start/stop commands for you...
I haven't tried this method, but I have a feeling it will not work since you still need access to a network to send the commands. If this method disables the internet but makes the phone think your still connected then it will work

For people using the latest Ovi Maps Data from:
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ht/true#M28220 it will not work as the files are different. The files here are lua, which Qt cannot read without extra bindings. To get it to work, you'll need to use the old voice data files found here: http://www.hpsblog.com/2009/07/direc...0-without.html

I hope that fixes the no sound problem for people, if not let me know. OMVS will still load the sound files even if they are incorrect as it loads the files seperatly to the config file, so it will appear to work, and commands will be sent, but there will be no link between commands and sound files in the server, hence no sound.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
my OVi maps takes 20 seconds to load. is this normal? can it be improved in any way?

This is really great modification for Ovi Maps! I managed to get sound navigation to work in english and german. However when I try to apply finnish sound files the software (OM Voice Server) crashes immediately. I just can't figure out how come two other languages works but not finnish. Could someone give me a hand in here?

After I relaunch Om Voice Server and check log it states
"Looking for voices in:
No voices found!
Using aplay for prerecorded sounds
Reading //config.xml"

After crash I can't browse sound folder but have to manually write the path. Voice files for finnish, german and english was downloaded from here:
http://static.s2g.gate5.de/maploadervoice/finnish.zip

Last edited by Narvi; 2011-06-12 at 20:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to Narvi For This Useful Post: