Notices

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Ok, finally we've found that dirty bug in colors.css made by Theme Maker, I hope it will be fixed ASAP.

.DefaultBackgroundColor {background: #181818;}

should look like

.DefaultBackgroundColor {background-color: #181818;}

where the style affects background colors (not the fonts).

Thanks to Timeless and Stskeeps for help

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
wazd there are about half a dozen bugs with theme maker you have to hand fix. Like rss applet, color.css, a few other things that you just can't do with it yet. Me and Joppu have found most and fix them by hand on our themes.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
wazd there are about half a dozen bugs with theme maker you have to hand fix. Like rss applet, color.css, a few other things that you just can't do with it yet. Me and Joppu have found most and fix them by hand on our themes.
Do you want to share? My theme isn't working correctly. (see my last post)
And this theme kicks asses, best theme for n900 yet!

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Maybe I'll sound strange, but why not try to tell about them to Kontorri?

The Following User Says Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Best theme available! Thanks for this!
Will you publish it to the repository once it is finished?
How much rootfs space does it take?
Could you please answer these two questions wazd?
Thanks

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Could you please answer these two questions wazd?
Thanks
Oh, sorry, missed them somehow.
Sure, it will be available in Extras asap and it won't take any rootfs space cause themes are optified now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Alright guys, Marina finally made it to extras-devel

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...a_0.95_all.deb

Reworked desktop widgets, fixed usual theme bugs (conversations, ovi...) getting closer to release. Please test it and share your opinion!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Hi wazd,

I noticed some things:

Bugs:
- the 'gear' which comes into sight when editing the desktops is still 'extra highlighted' vertically (see one of the first screenshots in the thread)
- when changing presence (for example), the selected field is not highlighted at all. Neither font nor background

Personal remarks:
- highlighting is often (generally?) done by highlighting the writings on the button, not the button itself. I would prefer to highlight the button
- the fonts sometimes is a little too bold. I think this is the way it should be but as you asked for opinions, I give you mine. Would prefer the usual style
- The deletion confirmation field in e.g. the mailclient has a thin red border. I think red does not really fit and would prefer it blue or maybe gray

Of course these are only minor things compared to the overall style of your theme. I love the way buttons and the taskbar look. Great

Thanks for the great theme, love it!
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Last edited by Corwin; 2010-01-18 at 15:05.

@Corwin:
Thanks a lot for your responses, but if you don't mind, can you please post some screenshots with issues you've described? Cause I actually don't have n900 and it's difficult to me to understand what you're talking about. Thanks.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Hi wazd,

sure I really want you to understand that this is only my opinion. I hope you do not feel like I would not honor your work, the opposite is the case.

Here we go, roughly in order of importance from important to cosmetic:

- When selecting buttons, not buttons but the writing gets highlighted, would prefer the buttons to be highlighted, especially as you got such an impressive blue color:

- Highlighting messages in Modest does not highlight the whole row but only placed a checkmark at the end of the line. Highloghting the whole row like default themes would e so nice:

- Changing presence settings does not show anything highlighted when you press online, besetzt or offline. Also the hard white frame around the status message should be blue like in mail compose (see later):

- Gear which comes up when changing desktops is highlighted twice. *Maybe* the icon background could be a *little* more transparent to match the marvellous look of the taskbar:

- Red frame in 'confirm delete' dialogues, would prefer it in blue, matching the whole theme, probably grey:

- Fonts looking too thick sometimes, have a foreground and a background, maybe should only have foreground. IF they have a background, it should be the same color:

Different Color (Image Viewer Settings):

Same Color:

- When composing mails, some buttons are hardly visible. Also the frames should maybe be matching the blue scheme like the beautiful blue frame here:

- The presence Icon for Skype 'bleeds' into the line around the current message in Conversations:

Thanks a lot,
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Last edited by Corwin; 2010-01-18 at 20:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corwin For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, theme release