This man is wise
Thanks, God.
01-26-10 , 01:09 PM ... 05-26-10 , 05:41 PM
...A PLACE TO REMEMBER...

R.I.P.

N900 killed me... please, tell my friends "BLAAAABLABLABLAAAHHHHH"

Originally Posted by garyc2010 View Post
"
Ill say again apps drive a platform................
Only an idiot would get anything other than an iPhone if all they want is apps, apps and nothing but apps because they have the most apps right now.

if you don't need the silly apps and value your free choice you get something else.

Buy what you want right now, not what might eventually become what you want, or help make it what you want it to be.

for me the N900 is the only device fitting my needs.

Last edited by bousch; 2010-05-29 at 00:34. Reason: clarification of my point of view

The Nexus One will always be updated first because it is Google's baby. Keep that in mind

Or an Android device. It'll be a while before the Meego, Symbian, Maemo, QT compatibility game gets up to speed.

If Android hasn"t snuffed it by then due to how slow it is going.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Central Ohio
It speaks volumes about the quality of the average poster in this community when a trade request can turn into yet another iPhone versus everything flamefest.

OTOH, kudos to the OP for staying above that madness and still working on getting the trade done. Hope that works out for you.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by garyc2010 View Post
Get a 3gs mate, you simply wont regret it, the new 4gs is to be launched soon so maybe hold off a few weeks tbh.

I have N900 and 3gs

There is *no* comparison whatsoever....totally none, the 3gs wipes the floor with the n900 in *every* regard with Loads of high quality free apps.

and for all the posters on here that laud the uber "open platform", let me tell you the N900 is not an open platform, what with nokia closed binaries, and Nokias totally closed development. Until Nokia opens up, the N900 is *NOT* an open platform.

As I said in another post (although some disagree) it is software applications that drive a platform. The N900 has no killer apps (although plenty of apps that kill the phone !), now the platform is in terminal decline, *very few* developers will be inclined to develop on it, instead moving to other platforms (my money is on android), so effectively what you have is what you get.

Just look at the thread on here for PR1.2 bugs........my 3gs has never crashed once.

And before people flame me, only do so if you have used a 3gs and not just basing comments on hearsay and propaganda.

Good Luck anyway with selling it, i was reckoning if I got £250 for mine (boxed as new lightly used) I would be happy tbh
As I just edited your following post I had to look for this one.

I am not a Nokia fanboy! The N900 is for geeks who can handle it to have a development device, I know that ads from nokia are missleading but 15 minutes research gives you a hint that you should not buy it if you aren't that geek kind of person.

For iPhone fanboy'ism or more specific for iSellMySoul'ish people I have no cookies! I do understand why there is a hype around apple atm but I was held hostage before (not by apple) and this hype looks like lots of people suffering from "Stockholm Syndrom".
Loads of high quality free apps.
you can scratch down the 300k apps to a short list of high quality apps... have you done that? is it more about 1k or just some hundreds? 600+ tetris apps does count for me as high quality ********, every freaking ebook in a single app pushes the app count so do wallpapers and ringtones. We have some realy high quality apps for the N900 for now and just because some stuff is missing you guys are used to you are playing up? get yourself an apple app store certified C++ for dummies and make your n900 do what you want! (so far for open platform)
And before people flame me
3g and 3gs... and if you are looking for a flame war, please go somewhere else. Captain Obvious has left the building.

back to topic

as this thread leaves a discussion open the OP should start offers! (if that happened already I am sorry, please use the report this function to make the mods aware of and it gets closed)

Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
It speaks volumes about the quality of the average poster in this community when a trade request can turn into yet another iPhone versus everything flamefest.

OTOH, kudos to the OP for staying above that madness and still working on getting the trade done. Hope that works out for you.
lol unless i am defending the honor of my xbox 360 i try and steer well clear of all flamewars. i can only appologise to the community that have treated me so well for accidentally starting an iphone vs everything ***** fest as this was not my intention
MMS enabled using fMMS by frals.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ space coast
Chemist says:
I am not a Nokia fanboy! The N900 is for geeks who can handle it to have a development device, I know that ads from nokia are missleading but 15 minutes research gives you a hint that you should not buy it if you aren't that geek kind of person.

well i did a lot of research before i bought, these are just part of the more than 15 minutes of my research

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lagUM...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzNbP...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdIwVu7zRo&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1BGW...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PPFz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hBGn...eature=related

PS I have many more like this i didn't post

http://www.joaquimrocha.com/2009/12/...-maemo-friends

and yes again and again. Hey i like my 900. I'm just disappointed with responses. Don't tell me it's for geeks after I bought it and am using the hell out of it. I have very few problems with my 900 and I'm not a geek. Well, at least I don't bite the heads off my chickens.

Last edited by malabar; 2010-05-29 at 12:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to malabar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
okay.......no! not again!!!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

malabar, that is the best post I've seen on TMO.