Active Topics

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hamburg, Germany
Hi everyone,
my first post and i am very excited as i just finished my first real
big contribution for the n800 and n810 community.

It's a page where you can add applets to your profile and
by visiting the page with your Device, these applets appear
on your devices screen just to put some state of the art
into your surrounding

It is called WWW.MOJOCAFE.DE and you can view it by simply
putting the website on your device or your desktop pc.

It would be great if some of you would test it out and
tell me of any bugs that you meet so that i can squish them.

And for sure it would be great if you write here any suggestions
ideas, wishes or any other critics so that we can discuss that
in here.

Oh and: yes, it is a FLASH application, so if you hate Flash
like some at the maemo IRC chat do, ignore this thread

Big greetings,
Carlos

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to endorphinum For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Carlos, it looks very nice on my PC and looks like you put in a ton of effort (and got a very attractive result). On the other hand, it shows up as just a black screen on my N800. I do have FlashBlock, but that's usually not a problem, I just click the play arrow and see Flash items. But on your website, when I click it I just get a black screen.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
As mentioned above, the site looks great, navigation seems to be pretty good except for a few missing things, such as being able to hit the enter key on your keyboard to log in. Right now I'm testing the mojos on my N810, login page an everything worked great. Right now I'm looking at the red clock mojo and it is really quite dark. I'm not able to change between my mojos, unless there is some button I'm missing. I tried clicking on the screen, and I also set the auto-slider value to one minute, but it didn't change from the red clock.

I went back to the login page on my N810 and clicked Demo Mode, which is just showing a blank screen for me.

Edit: I just now saw the instructions on the help page. On the Red Clock, moving my finger from left to right makes the clock bright for a short period of time, then it fades back. I still can't seem to get right to left slide working, or any of the up/down combinations. I still haven't been able to change mojos.

Last edited by Benz145; 2008-03-12 at 02:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benz145 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
Same thing here. And I dont have flashblock. However, great work and effort carlos

The Following User Says Thank You to mooler For This Useful Post:
The concept is pretty neat, my only problem is that after about 2 times, I'm not going to want to launch my web browser and navigate to this site just to see the date and time. What you should do (if its possible) is make some real time updating mojos. For instance, a mojo that shows the current weather, and weather forecast for the next few days. A real time Facebook news feed page would also be really cool and probably attract a lot of people form the iPhone/iPod Touch crowd.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benz145 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Carlos,

I like the concept, and I'm sure as the offering matures you'll have a few different directions to take this.

I had no problems with the registration process nor with being able to view the mojo (or any Flash content from your website) from my N800. My browser was autodetected and displayed the "mymojo" page just fine. Logging in promptly brought me to the "start my mojos" content and after clicking the button I had no trouble viewing my slot#1 mojo.

I am running OS2008 with no other plugins/modifications to the browser.

I don't know much about flash programming, but something I find slightly frustrating about many web sites is that they don't set the focus to the most natural form field. For me, I tend to type my urls, and it's (ever so slightly) more efficient to continue typing after the page loads than to have to grab my mouse and point/click to the proper field to log in. Yes I know what the TAB key is for. Just something to look into for easing the process-have the cursor already in the login field after loading the page/flash content.

I like the notion of having a weather mojo- I realize the initial purpose of creating your project isn't to tie them into a schedule, but it could be a direction to consider. Meaning, I could tell mojo A to trigger at time X, mojo B at time Y, etc. Obviously w/o getting into the scripting and actual coding side of things, you'd have to expect the user to already have the web browser open and on your page.

The clock mojo would pop on when I get up in the morning- the bigger numbers being easier to read while groggily squinting.

Having a weather mojo which fills the screen would make it easy to get a quick glimpse of the current conditions and today's forecast. That would be great for checking after my shower when my eyes have adjusted better to the light.

The photo mojos may not be for me- I'd probably rather see some form of animation/screensaver type flash content instead, rather than a static image. I'm not sure if you'll be supplying the images or let people upload their own personal ones to their profile, but there are obviously numerous means and methods of displaying a picture on the tablet. Perhaps you'll be integrating a connection to RSS feeds which the user can configure, maybe even employing a slideshow of images within the photo mojo.

Often times I think I need a tablet in each room, each performing a basic function of supplying specific information via the screen to me, yet also being available to perform the same tasks as each of the other tablets. I would mount them within the wall so they are held in place by a frame and sit flush to the wall, yet are safely and readily able to be removed and put in my hands when needed. Yes, prewiring would be ideal and pretty much essential for clean lines.

Okay, I've strayed away from your project enough already.

I appreciate the polished look and feel of the site, both on my PC and the N800. I look forward to seeing what other ideas you plan to explore and where the concept takes you.

I think your premise is sound, and yet it may be a hard sell for some. Keep on it and make it do what you set out for it to do. As long as you're happy with it and you achieve your goals, don't worry about those who don't want something flash-based.

Keep your eyes on Silverlight as we may very well find better support on that platform (than Flash) for our tablets in future generations.

I'll continue to monitor your site and check out the new mojos as you release them.

~Dave

The Following User Says Thank You to daveb70 For This Useful Post:
Tried it, the demos didn't seem to work on my tablet (black screen) however after logging in it worked. I tried adding some mojos on my desktop but it seems I was only able to access the clock ones. Not the calendar or photo ones.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hamburg, Germany
Hi everyone,
thanks a lot for your huge incredible testing and review (thanks a
lot Dave for that big review!)
Please do not missunderstand me, if i write these answers in
short form so that you won`t need to read my errors and bad
english grammer

>> "...looks like you put in a ton of effort"
Yeah, and all this just within one week

>>" it shows up as just a black screen on my N800."
That's very strange, so you get the black screen on the device
or on your desktop PC?

>>"such as being able to hit the enter key on your keyboard
to log in"
I have just changed that and it should work now.

>>"I'm looking at the red clock mojo and it is really quite dark"
That's the first 'interactive' Mojo i made. If you click on it,
it brightens up and gets back to alpha of 22%.
My idea was this: if you have your tablet right next to you
while sleeping, a straight red color would be a little bit too
disturbing. So if you wake up at night and want to check
the time, all you need would be to touch your tablet slightly so
that it gets from red to dark-red

>>"...autoslider does not work"
I know of that, it's a bug i still did not found, hop to manage
that one as soon as possible.

About the usage, a short info:
Sliding your finger on the screen from Up to Down moves you
to the next mojo.
Sliding the other direction, brings up the previous Mojo.

About your Mojo ideas:
I will add a lot of new Mojos within the next days.
And yes, just like some of you mentioned: they will be, let's
call it "WiFi sensitive" *smile* so that you would need a
permanent web connection to use them.

These kind of Mojo-Categories will be added soon:
- Webcams (showing different webcams from the world)
- RSS (showing Feed-headlines)
- Screensavers (simple animations to have on your device)

Greetings and thanks a lot again for your support!
Do not forget to get in contact with me if you want to have
a special Mojo and i will try to develop it.

Carlos

Nokia N800/OS2008
"When I type in the URL, all I get is a blank screen"

The Following User Says Thank You to tj110158 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
this is sorta like a chumby.
I dig it.
I like it.
sexy time...

The Following User Says Thank You to unique311 For This Useful Post: