Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
whene i do an operating system update iget a warning telling me some application packages are missing so i tried to install those missing packages and its telling me that more packages are missing....i just got this n800 and it has it008 already installed should i try to reflash to fix the issue or is it repairable

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
If you use the first of my Newbie links in the signature below, and google

packages missing

you'll find your answer. You'll be glad to learn there is probably no need to flash the unit. You may also find this website of great assistance.

Please click on both the Newbie links below. The second one is, in form, tongue-and-cheek, but the info is sincere. And see this post, too.

Good luck!

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
im going to bookmark those on the tablet...im a longtime palmuser and im so happy to have something so versatile

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
You're going to love it!

The Palm emulation, called Garnet, runs, unfortunately, in a small window, but works.

But take a look at the Gene Cash apps (To Do and Calend, primarily) and at Xournal, currently available here.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
since my family has 4 palms in use ill keep the n800 unpalmed...so far it has filled a webniche that the lifeflash just dont plus sdhc is nice...ive been searching,....and doing alot of reading...makes me wish i didnt have one...almost...ill figure it out just like anyone

joepagiii - I'm also a "Lifeflash" convert. I have a working lifedrive and a working lifeflash gathering dust. You won't be disappointed in the IT. The Garnet emulator was a major decision making factor in my purchase, but honestly I've never really used it... I found out I didn't miss my palm apps at all.

Nate