Active Topics

I noticed that this IOGEAR product is available now for $19.99, including shipping. According to buyer feedback, it includes the tip that is needed for the n800 and n810.

http://www.buy.com/prod/iogear-gearj...ml#referdirect

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
Just got mine in the mail on Saturday. It's great and I can use it for multiple devices.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Got one a month or so ago. I liked it but it stopped taking a charge after just a couple weeks, maybe because I used the Nokia N800 AC adapter to charge it a couple of the times, instead of using USB. I need to see about IOGear fixing/replacing it.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Got one a month or so ago. I liked it but it stopped taking a charge after just a couple weeks, maybe because I used the Nokia N800 AC adapter to charge it a couple of the times, instead of using USB. I need to see about IOGear fixing/replacing it.
I believe that they're warrantied for one year, so yes contact IOGear. I'm going to order one today, here is why: they include various forms of circuit protection which I don't believe exist in the OEM AC charger that comes with an n800. I'm cautious in this area because I had an iPAQ fry from a defective power supply. Even though any rechargeable battery will eventually fail and need replacement, $20 on a gadget will last longer than $20 on gas.

This product is back on sale at Buy.com, but for less $ than before. I ordered one a few months ago. It works great by extending a work/play session. Like the ad says, it will charge an n800, but it takes much longer than the n800's charger. It's a great value and good alternative to a spare battery pack. Note: it includes the connector for an n800, plus many other connectors including the one for a Razor cellphone.