I update my n900 from nokia software update and took too long to update and i remove it and now my n900 are brick when he is on.
the screen shows the nokia logo with low brightness at that point the n900 get stuck.

I try to reflash with these guide http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...&thread.id=168

But when i try to connect to pc they show me a message that requires the Nokia USB ROM i try to reflash but i cant my pc cant reflash not detect him why?

I want to revive my n900 help me please im so sad

Last edited by poquifox; 2010-01-12 at 02:27.

I haven't reflashed using Windows, but are you sure your holding the u key on the keyboard when booting up the N900?

The guide roughly should be the same. Make sure N900 has a near full charge, connect a turned OFF N900 to the computer (it might boot on, that's fine). Turn on the flasher, it should say no suitable USB device detected or something like that. Then unplug the N900, boot it up while holding the u button till you see the Nokia image with a USB icon in the upper right hand corner.

Then connect it to the PC and proceed with flashing.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I haven't reflashed using Windows, but are you sure your holding the u key on the keyboard when booting up the N900?

The guide roughly should be the same. Make sure N900 has a near full charge, connect a turned OFF N900 to the computer (it might boot on, that's fine). Turn on the flasher, it should say no suitable USB device detected or something like that. Then unplug the N900, boot it up while holding the u button till you see the Nokia image with a USB icon in the upper right hand corner.

Then connect it to the PC and proceed with flashing.
I TRY BUT always stays the same. i try on notebook and has the same problem not detect my n900 the drivers install correctly but when are installing the Nokia USB ROM they say installing after that show offline. i think are rhe drivers im using Windows 7
What happens????

There is another method for flashing???

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Did you restart the phone? Do you have access to the terminal?

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Did you search? You aren't alone. There is PLENTY of discussion regarding this in other threads.

Take a look here for instance... http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40116

Last edited by rewt; 2010-01-12 at 03:00.

No i cant enter to the OS i boot it it show the logo of nokia and nothing else happens why??

My brother have other n900 and i try the same method of reflashing and of the if he could my cell phone cant i think because

I withdraw before the update was finished beacuse my pc was shutdown

Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you search? You aren't alone. There is PLENTY of discussion regarding this in other threads.

Take a look here for instance... http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40116

yes i search but i do all the metods and i cant reflash my n900

Then try working with other members of the community to resolve the issue you all are having, as opposed to sitting alone in your own thread screaming for help. People aren't going to help you if you show that you are unwilling to help them - by having your own thread you are showing that you are only worried about yourself and your own problems, and don't wish to solve it together. Compare ideas, share what you have done, what has and has not produced any results... that is the reason I've been pointing you in the direction of other threads where more users are actively discussing this issue, not so you can come back here and say "tried everything, no worky."

The Following User Says Thank You to rewt For This Useful Post:

Tags
brick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!