And do i need it?? I am new to this. I notice when i go to xterminal and type df -h and see
/opt/pymaemo/usr/lib/python2.5 1.3G 32% used
/lib/python2.5
/pt/pymaemo/usr/share/pyshared 1.3G 32% used
ect..

I normally don't see these before when i type df -h?? What is this ....i am not a programmer...do i need this and how do i uninstall it??

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Did it occur to you to search for "python" before creating another thread?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Many apps you can download from the repositories are written using Python! So I'd really recommend you not to remove this!

The Following User Says Thank You to youxing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
python is a big snake that lives in your device, it eats filesystem and dives nodes... but seriously, you need it trust me... google it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vartanov For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Did it occur to you to search for "python" before creating another thread?
I did...i always do search for the topic i want to read....but found no help.

Originally Posted by vartanov View Post
python is a big snake that lives in your device, it eats filesystem and dives nodes... but seriously, you need it trust me... google it.
I know it runs some sort of script or whatever...but the reason i question it is because all of sudden it appears in xterminal where before..it's not there when i type df -h.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
I know it runs some sort of script or whatever...but the reason i question it is because all of sudden it appears in xterminal where before..it's not there when i type df -h.
what you see are mounts used for python, it is needed to run your apps. it probably appeared because you have installed something.

use
df -h | grep root
to see only the root partition or replace root with anything you want to filter.

The Following User Says Thank You to vartanov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
python is a programming language in the same way as c, c++ or anything like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to canabal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Because previously it was not optified. Those binds you see in df show the python stuff is now on opt, so not using precious NAND space.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Because previously it was not optified. Those binds you see in df show the python stuff is now on opt, so not using precious NAND space.
does the optify package create those nodes?