Active Topics

Can I save a place in the MAPS app?? I'm so frustrated 'cause I'm trying to but I cannot do it.. is there a way? If not.. is there a GPS software that I can install in the phone that let me save a place?
tnks

Last edited by delcim; 2010-01-19 at 23:19.

Yes, a waypoint feature seems pretty basic.But looking around in the maps-app I found nothing. Maybe some third part app supports it?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
There's sadly no such thing and it stinks.

Save-only you can. I take a geo-tagged picture in the place I want tagged. Pretty nice. You can't take it back though, you have to look at details and use the coordinates in some other place, like Google Earth or scroll around in Maps.

For now, I stick with pictures.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

This is so sad.. because I bought this phone thinking about the GPS, and I need to save places on it... i thought about taking a picture and geotag it, but if i don't have a connection to internet, I can't do it, right?

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
Oh MaemoMapper, where art thou?

Originally Posted by tpaixao View Post
Oh MaemoMapper, where art thou?
Hey, tpaixao.. I tried to install the file "maemo-mapper-os2008.install" but appears a message on the phone saying "Unable to download 'maemo-mapper'. Application package not found".. What should I do? I'm having a hard time here 'cause I'm new to Linux, never had work on it before... is there a way to save places on this maemomapper?
And by the way, I'm in MA, why?
thanks very much!

Originally Posted by delcim View Post
Hey, tpaixao.. I tried to install the file "maemo-mapper-os2008.install" but appears a message on the phone saying "Unable to download 'maemo-mapper'. Application package not found".. What should I do? I'm having a hard time here 'cause I'm new to Linux, never had work on it before... is there a way to save places on this maemomapper?
And by the way, I'm in MA, why?
thanks very much!
If u got it from the 2008 os download section it doesnt work with n900. U need programs from the maemo 5 section

The Following User Says Thank You to Giostz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Yes, Ovi maps can save places. Info here, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38872&page=2, thread #51

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Yes, Ovi maps can save places. Info here, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38872&page=2, thread #51

bun

It took me half an hour, OMG, how to creat landmark on Ovi maps, 1.01 (after PR1.1), with internet connection
Hi, How about saving without internet connection and only using the gps function. Is it possible to save position with a 3rd party software?

Thanks

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by tangigi View Post
Hi, How about saving without internet connection and only using the gps function. Is it possible to save position with a 3rd party software?

Thanks
Maemo Mapper is now Mappero, in extras-testing. Enjoy.

(I'm not the developer, I've just been using it for a looong time...)
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post: