Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
I stumbled across this on my N82. Is it referring to Ovi Maps Navigation or a new user menu navigation? I think the app part is talking about those 3D games from a few weeks ago and new paid content. This cant be the recent PR 1.1 update because we didnt get new navigation or new apps. What do you all think?
Attached Images

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
I stumbled across this on my N82. Is it referring to Ovi Maps Navigation or a new user menu navigation? I think the app part is talking about those 3D games from a few weeks ago and new paid content. This cant be the recent PR 1.1 update because we didnt get new navigation or new apps. What do you all think?

I don't think that is PR1.1. There was nothing new except regional country added. The latest firmware map took so long to lock the satellites. Longer than the previous version firmware with connection.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
We got all this in the January 1.1 update.

The Interface was redesigned with additional features and it is much faster.

That being said, it still Blows Chunks!

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Interesting. I would like to see what the old interface looked like. All the videos that I have seen from as far back as October appear to have the same UI. What is different? I updated my N900s to PR 1.1 as soon as I got them so I never used the older firmwares.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Interesting. I would like to see what the old interface looked like. All the videos that I have seen from as far back as October appear to have the same UI. What is different? I updated my N900s to PR 1.1 as soon easiers I got them so I never used the older firmwares.
There are subtle changes and some new features. Tracking is much easier. You had to start a route before to do tracking.

I didn't make a log of the changes, but it went from totally unusable to merely being a POS that will do in an emergency.

I'm sure there are a list of changes somewhere. I was happy they made it at least usable.

I'm running 10.2010.07-8 and the Ovi maps app is redesigned, however it is still rather bleh.

Originally Posted by pmcguire View Post
I'm running 10.2010.07-8 and the Ovi maps app is redesigned, however it is still rather bleh.
Fake firmware version, just saying if someone didn't know.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by pmcguire View Post
How the hell did you get 10.2010-07?
it's not even released yet.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
How the hell did you get 10.2010-07?
it's not even released yet.
It's fake, the next firmware version won't jump from 3.year.week-version to 10.year.week-version. Simply as that.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Why? It's only development build, not real version Development snapshot

The Following User Says Thank You to gLobster For This Useful Post: