Notices

Hello, do anybody have any sucess running Pda on a n900 with maemo 5?
i ve read that people can run it on os2008, but im trying on maemo 5 without luck, the app opens well , and when i activate the ESD option the apps works but with no sound, when i say the app works i mean that it can make computations and also the signals are working(i can make snapshots~ and see the signal numbers) but it cannot make any sound. Any idea? does it need special configuration? Ive read that ESD is the primarly sound server, but i dont know why doesnt make sound, the wierd thing is that it seems that is working, i can see the signal flows, but no sound!! any idea?

thanks

Seb.

Maybe a bit late to revive this thread but I managed to compile pd-vanilla om my n900. Sound (alsa) does work but only at a samplerate of 11025 and with a delay of 600 msec.

I read on the pd mailinglist that they are working on better sound.

Sometimes after using pd I have to reboot my device because maemo cannot make any sound anymore though.

This is Pd version 0.42-6
Attached Images

Last edited by bousch; 2010-10-02 at 15:49. Reason: added screenshot

Originally Posted by bousch View Post
Maybe a bit late to revive this thread but I managed to compile pd-vanilla om my n900. Sound (alsa) does work but only at a samplerate of 11025 and with a delay of 600 msec.

I read on the pd mailinglist that they are working on better sound.

Sometimes after using pd I have to reboot my device because maemo cannot make any sound anymore though.

This is Pd version 0.42-6
I've had a couple of goes at compiling pd and haven't been able to get the dependencies for all the packages without getting in a mess with debian modules, would you be able to let me know how you did it, please?

thanks very much

Please keep me in the loop with this or any other pocket studio/synthesis possibilities for n900. I know there are a few that will work under Debian...

I had hoped SuperCollider would work as it is lightweight and uses a textmode interface (last I saw it, anyway) but the someone asked about n900s on the SC mailing list and there were no responses.

Wow, why did nobody tell me about SuperVox for Maemo before?

This program really rocks!!

Download from http://www.warmplace.ru/, unpack sunvox.zip and then install the package from the sunvox/maemo/ directory.

With PR1.3, the dependency on libgles1 is already satisfied, so no need to download anything else.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
It has been requested before