Active Topics

Hi there,
I've upgraded the phone to PR1.2 and since then.. the battery life is too short.. haven't installed any new programs after the update and removed some of the older apps.

In three hours my battery goes from full to almost empty with only 10 minutes of talk time and no internet usage or media player usage!!!

Can anybody help please???

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I noticed yesterday that after a work day battery was nearly totally used, it was strange because I don't really use my N900 at work and usually less than 1/4 bar is used during a day. I went home and plugged recharger and after it had charged the battery I phone off with me and there was this notification that some device is using heavily power, I didn't see properly the notification but after I rebooted the battery usage seems to be normalized

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Reflash it.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i had this problem too.youve got too flash the emmc and the fiasco(os)here is a link how you can do that- http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dunfermline, Scotland
Install Conky or give the "top" command in xTerm to show the running processes. I had a process called Twitter2 using between 97 and 100% CPU constantly which was draining the battery. After killing the process, it would return after a minute or so. I uninstalled the Twitter widget and now my battery is fine. Lasts MUCH longer than it did with PR1.1.1, approx 16-19hrs with moderate internet browsing.

The Following User Says Thank You to philheaton For This Useful Post:
does the reflashing process have any effect on the data in the phone.. SMS, contacts, files, etc.?

And should I do the whole process described in the wiki.. or just Flashing only the kernel from a FIASCO image and Flashing the eMMC in the N900 ??

Thanks for the help everybody

Last edited by fhmutairi; 2010-06-03 at 09:00.

Originally Posted by fhmutairi View Post
does the reflashing process have any effect on the data in the phone.. SMS, contacts, files, etc.?

And should I do the whole process described in the wiki.. or just Flashing only the kernel from a FIASCO image and Flashing the eMMC in the N900 ??

Thanks for the help everybody
you can make a backup with your phone backup tool.but save your backup on your pc or on a memory card.the backup saves contacts bookmarks calendar and a program list.just flash the emmc and the fiasco image.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
I had the same problem (and I was running a modified Kernel). After flashing both FIASCO/eMMC, the battery drain has disappeared.

Yesterday i had an issue with my phone, I got home and checked my phone and it was just under 50% I didn't have any place to charge my phone so thought I would switch to 2g as it saves power. Low and behold, not even 5 minutes later my battery was dead. I took a screen grab before it died if anyone wants to see.

i've never seen anything like this before so thought I would do a search and see if anyone else has had this, It's only since i updated to pr1.2 any ideas?

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Yesterday i had an issue with my phone, I got home and checked my phone and it was just under 50% I didn't have any place to charge my phone so thought I would switch to 2g as it saves power. Low and behold, not even 5 minutes later my battery was dead. I took a screen grab before it died if anyone wants to see.

i've never seen anything like this before so thought I would do a search and see if anyone else has had this, It's only since i updated to pr1.2 any ideas?
it is recommended to flash everythink after a major update.so pls dont think too mzch about it.just do it!!!!