Active Topics

Selling my n900, asking $340 with free shipping (lower 48 only please) or pick up in Jacksonville Florida. I frequently visit Tampa FL and Orl so we could perhaps works something out.
Nothing wrong with it (see pictures) I'm just switching to android. Comes with a screen protector on, and an extra one.

Comes with everything a new n900 comes with (including extra screen protectors). Headphones are unused.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by nichos View Post
..just switching to android. ...
Sorry to see you go. Mind to tell us which android you pick and which carrier? I am on the fence ...

bun

I went with the samsung vibrant. The n900 is an amazing phone, no question about it, but it's a hacker phone, the possibilities are endless. Perhaps I should have waited until meego comes out on the phone but I need the money to cover the new phone :/

Hey Bun: Are you jumping ship? You are responsible (just kidding) for convincing me to buy a N900 with your review "it is small, but not too small." What happened?

Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post
Hey Bun: Are you jumping ship? You are responsible (just kidding) for convincing me to buy a N900 with your review "it is small, but not too small." What happened?
Hey, good to hear from you.

It is NOT the size that matters, it is EOL for N900. For the time being, there are still sporadic developement a little here, a little there. But very soon, it will all dry up just like the N800. How do you like your N800 today? Yeh, right, you can do what you can do a year ago, right? as a tool, N900 is doing fine. As a toy, or specially hacker toy, I am looking else where. Well, I am looking somewhere else, but at the same time, if N900 $ keeps dropping, I may want to pick one up too. N900 is quite a fun machine, I wish Nokia does NOT drop the N900, so fast, so soon.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
I actually like my N810 better (sold my N800) in terms of size. It would be perfect if only the processor were a little more powerful! N900 is fine, but it's hard for my old eyes to zoom in and out all the time. Plus I use these strictly as mini-computers (no sim card inside), so there is no need for me to shrink a smartpbone/palmtop to fit a pocket.

Me too. I rarely turn on the cellphone. I like the N900 because of its better hardware. I still turns on the N810 and N800 mostly to check things. I am looking beyond N900 mainly because of this EOL issue, that soon new apps will all dry up, especially with the coming of me-go. I received my N900 in mid 12/09 and by ~ 8/10, Nokia already drop it, 9 month, not even enough to get to know your tablet! I wish Nokia would treat the tablet like Micro$oft treat windows, you can still run DOS/win 3.1 program on today PC, almost 20 years from launching of win95/MS-DOS!!!

bun

I miss my N900.....why couldn't the dang USB OTG be implemented sooner by Nokia themselves.............made me wander to find a USB HOST phone............found one, and guess what........Windows Hell software conflicts broke loose, now I went to China to get a mid PC phone and here's the result of needing case for that:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120630443863

If you like Windows Mobile, usb host works........go for it!

Looks interesting. I'll have to take a look when I visit Japan at the end of the year.