Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I have noticed that every time i flash my NIT's they seem very responsive after the flash. So i was wondering, what could be the reason for the increased responsiveness and what can we do to get similar responsiveness even without a reflash?

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I have noticed that every time i flash my NIT's they seem very responsive after the flash. So i was wondering, what could be the reason for the increased responsiveness and what can we do to get similar responsiveness even without a reflash?
When I had asked the same question some time back in IRC, I was told that it could be because of the swap memory getting full and because of which the device acts sluggish.

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
So is there anyway to refresh the swap memory each day? Like an app which refreshes the swap memory at the end of the day? Forgive me i really dont know much about swap memory..

Apps tend to slow down the device. Regardless of running or not.

Some programs cause memory leaks. Basically, app asks for memory, locks it, but then doesn't release it. So, when the RAM is filled, the device starts using swap file instead. And as we all know swap is much slower. Also, some apps like to run in background or are visually active (like desktop widgets).

The Following User Says Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
the word you are looking for is cruft

it builds and it slows.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
So is there anyway to refresh the swap memory each day? Like an app which refreshes the swap memory at the end of the day? Forgive me i really dont know much about swap memory..
this could help:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58935
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post: