Active Topics

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi! Anyone using SAR Shield for their N900?

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
why use an useless device with questionable results ?
if the device have some influence and reduce the power of electromagnetic radiation the phone will increase the output power up to a level appropriate for corect communication with cell antenna.
what do you want to protect ? your head ? you can check : the LDC panel have aluminum sheet back and slider of n900 is also metallic with good shielding capabilities
antennas are placed on back of main unit toward your hand. if you put any radiation "libresse" here the cell antenna will "see" lower power device and attempt to make handover and the phone will emit always first handshake signal at full power. such results are contrary to the expected . also battery drainage will increase.

finally it is just a Stupidity Field Booster (™ )

Last edited by blue_led; 2010-12-13 at 18:26.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
nokia fones have the lowest SAR levels..much below maximum threshold, while HTC fones have the max SAR levels ..some of them even leveraging with max SAR permitable values.. chinese clones cross SAR permitable limits by several counts.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Isn't that birdflu? N900 can shield me from birdflu?!

Ah, no, that's SARS...hm, what are you talking about then?

Dont forget ur tungsten or lead hat to shield u from cosmic rays. And most of all, dont drink milk or eat bananas, they radiate like hell...

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Isn't that birdflu? N900 can shield me from birdflu?!
viruses will be fried from radiation and you'll survive. also acne will be cured so don't forget to switch between both ears and circle around face during waiting for answer.
cellular made popcorn also will have better taste because high quality signal from n900

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...357#post888357

Long term effects having semi-active Facebook- and other data connections ~8 hours a day, one inch away from your testicles, ovaries, prostate or rectum has not been studied.
Good luck to us all, and to our children.

I don't understand why you are behaving like trolls.
The problem of em radiation is very important. Just companies pretend it is not a problem.
Keeping people in ignorance is very useful to companies to keep us under control.
I wonder if people now joking and laughing would keep joking and laughing when ill im hospital with cancer.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patroclo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
wow! not the answers I expected...but interesting (and amusing) to read early in the morning.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Btw, according to a research my father learned about while he worked for a mobile operator, it would probably be a good idea to keep your mobile away from snails and slugs and other moluscs just in case (the only effect ever identified in the study in any species was that slugs living within a few meters of an active cell tower became more fertile)

Slugs are kinda weird though, there is an species that when under the influence of aspirin will get a painfully big boner, so big it makes it physicly impossible for them to mate, it was being used to control the population somewhere i don't remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:

Tags
birdflu