Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi all,

initially I didn't want to start just one of these stupid "I'm leaving"-threads, but in the end I decided not to leave without at least saying goodbye to this wonderful community.

Some of you might have noticed that I wasn't very active during the last 4 weeks. The reason: I fell for the HTC Sensation and sold my N900 on Ebay to a lucky guy, which will hopefully get a helpful community member, too... it was a big step for me and I miss many things, but there's no turning back for me.

There will never be a real replacement for my sweet N900 but in the end I was fed up with its hardware limitations and Nokias decision not to sell the N9 in Germany (though you can order it for an extraordinary high price at Amazon). So in a moment of anger and frustration I bought my new toy.

I'll still return here from time to time not only because this is a great community (still, after many have left the building, but luckily not all), but also because I gave my backup N900 device to my boyfriend and I might search for solutions from time to time
So at least I'll stay updated.

Thanks for all the help I got here

Have a good time.

'Bye
geekgirl74

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Auf Wiedersehen

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
schade aber trotzdem alles gute!

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
schade aber trotzdem alles gute!
danke, Dir auch

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
NOooo, no chicks left on TMO. Gah, this has become such a sausage fest.

bb.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Getting a new sleeker, more practical, newer, more shiny phone; that I understand. But selling the N900 - warum????

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
NOooo, no chicks left on TMO. Gah, this has become such a sausage fest.

bb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Getting a new sleeker, more practical, newer, more shiny phone; that I understand. But selling the N900 - warum????
Actually the Sensation (unbranded and no contract) was awfully expensive and I sold 3 of my older mobiles after I bought it to get at least most of the money back, the N900 was just one of them... but I can still play with the 2nd N900 in the house, if I want to

Why Android? :/
I love my linux maemo 5!

Originally Posted by razefox View Post
Why Android? :/
I love my linux maemo 5!
I love maemo, too, and I might even buy a Cordia (hildon on top of meego) tab. But I finally wanted a mobile os which has got broad support in all areas, and with support I mean official support not only community support, even though the CSSU is a worthy addition to the N900 and the best that could ever happen to this darling. I can't deny, that the CSSU made a much, much better device from it than that, what Nokia intended it to be... But I also wanted a much bigger program choice. And I love shiny new hardware with dualcore and bigger display (who doesn't)...
Of course I've learned much from Maemo and so the first thing I did was to root my new toy. I couldn't run Android without the possibility of being root, when needed ;-)
Of course, Android is not that open as Maemo. But it has its strength, too. And for me it fits quite good.
Had HP not made such plastic toys, I would have preferred webos. But webos is dead now, too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: