Active Topics

major problem!!! my N900 suddenly turns on and off...it'll turn on and then few secs after it'll turn off. I can't do anything on my phone..it just keeps restarting like crazy! I took out the battery..took out sim...and everything...problem still persists...what should I do? it won't let me access my phone at all

i think u have dead battery, i was having this same issue with failed batttery

The Following User Says Thank You to riku2015 For This Useful Post:
ok I was thinking the same...because lately my battery had been draining quicker than usual...and I've had my N900 on the same battery for more than a year and a half now..and well perhaps it just died? Planning on ordering a new battery asap. Let's see what happens...where'd u order ur batt from?

Before u get a new battery try switching your phone on with a different battery same battery of another phone or from someone you know with same battery as i think its on a reboot loop where you might have to flash your phone! If your phone works fine with another battery than its your battery if you get same problem then you definetly need to flash it! Some software has crashed your phone and made it go into a reboot loop!

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Are you sure you didn't mess up somthing important like system files?

nope, last thing I did before this reboot happened was to open the browser and it just went crazy from there. I plan on testing a new battery tomorrow, however if the problem persists, how would I flash my phone if it keeps restarting by itself as soon as the battery is put in?

Perhaps if you keep holding U from even before you stick the battery in it will go straight into flash mode?

The full information how to flash is available on wiki just do a search for flashing firmware and off you go everything you need and how to is on there its quite straight forward too! good luck!

Perhaps that Backup OS thing could be helpful?

alright will give it a try....i'm hoping the issue is mainly due to a dead battery and nothing else...if not, i'll look up on how to flash.